Ugly Betty 12/6/07 BORING!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Dec 7, 2007 #1 of 14
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...

Advertisements

Wow, worst show of the season. So boring...nothing happened. What a waste..."what are you waitng for...take the shot" Daniel is such a wimp.

And plan B...so predicatable (and someone did predict it in another thread.)

2. Dec 7, 2007 #2 of 14
    MisterBubble

MisterBubble Makes Bathtime Fun!

Oct 30, 2005
    Central Florida
    Hmmm... I kind of enjoyed it. A foul-mouthed Betty White is always fun to watch in my book. And even though it was also predictable - I enjoyed seeing Betty get jealous when Sandwich Guy went dancing with Hilda. He is SUCH a cutie... makes me want to go back and watch all those episodes of Six Feet Under I missed. Paintball in the office was fun and colorful too (loved the outfits) - but again predictable because you just KNEW Alexis was faking at the end. I think Betty's influence has made Daniel more caring and trusting when it comes to others - or more stupid in this case!

And LOL that scene where Betty tried to spice things up by eating the ice cream off Henry's stomach - and you could SO tell that it was really scoops of mashed potatoes because of the melt factor. Yuck!

3. Dec 7, 2007 #3 of 14
    analog4

analog4 New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    I enjoyed it. The whole Betty White thing was funny. Was not expecting it. Rebecca Romijn in the paintball outfit ... I couldn't complain.

"I like my fans - except for those sickos who write me lesbian fan fiction of me and Bea Arthur."

"Did they give you super strength when they installed your vagina."

4. Dec 7, 2007 #4 of 14
    cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    haha, yes, those two lines were great.

It wasn't the worst of the season but I'm really hating the BORING Henry storyline. And the paint-ball gun stuff was predictable. As was "Plan B".

But I love staring at Freddy Rodriguez PLUS Betty White was in it (!) so the bad stuff in this ep gets a pass.

5. Dec 7, 2007 #5 of 14
    PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

Henry needs to take his shirt off more often. :up:

6. Dec 7, 2007 #6 of 14
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    But did you see Henry's banana?!

7. Dec 7, 2007 #7 of 14
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I dunno... he was such a cutie in Odyssey 5 and Jake 2.0; now he seems to be under the influence of some kind of trainer that's focusing on his upper body and ignoring everything else and it's beginning to look a bit odd.

8. Dec 8, 2007 #8 of 14
    kdelande

kdelande TiVo-Wobble

Dec 17, 2001
    Louisville,...
    Strange problem here, recorded OTA and all we had was the background music score, no speech. Almost like the center channel was missing.

This was straight off a TV, no AV system at all. And the commercials were fine.

Have to BT this one...

KD

9. Dec 8, 2007 #9 of 14
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Fun episode. Betty White was great. You just knew she was gonna blindside Willie. In fact, as someone pointed out, you can call almost all of this show. But that doesn't make it any less fun. Someone even called the Willie<>Bradford baby a couple shows ago.

hummingbird-- :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: on putting a personal opinion in the Header. 99.9999% of all show threads just have the title/date/etc. To put "Boring" in all caps is a huge disservice to those of us who enjoy the show. Save it for your post.:(

10. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    +1 It really looks odd to me. In fact it's a turn-off because of it. It looks like they stuck his head on someone else's body.

11. TIVOSciolist

TIVOSciolist Bye to High Society

Oct 13, 2003
    Oakland,...
    There seemed to have been more chemistry at the beginning of the Henry/Betty relationship than there is now. I hope they bring back his original girlfriend, Charlie, at some point. Jayma Mays is always a delight to see.

The paint ball fight in the office was fun. John Cho is great.

At this point, I'm not that invested into the show. Depending on where the writers take us after the strike is over, this show may be one of the ones I drop from my schedule.

12. robpickles

robpickles Lurking Around

May 19, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
  13. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    Yep, for me the Henry stuff is not entertaining. It's going nowhere. And I found the eating of the 'ice cream' off of his (admittedly cute) stomach kinda creepy.

I'm want more of Mark and his new BF, more of Justin as an intern, more of Hilda's new salon, more of Christina and her maybe bad hubby, and more of who fathered Faye Summer's baby? What frustrates me is they set up these storylines that could be very interesting and fun and then just push them to the back burner.:(

14. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    I know this show is tongue-in-cheek, but didn't Alexis agree to sharing the company before she shot him? If so, shouldn't that have ended the game, and they both run Meade?

Or am I just thinking too much?

-Mike