UFC 75 - Champion vs Champion

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by EvilMidniteBombr, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Sep 5, 2007 #1 of 60
    EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I didn't know whether to put this in this forum or in Season Pass alerts. But just wanted to mention that it's going to be on Spike TV this Saturday night @ 9pm. I'm looking forward to seeing Jackson defend the title.

2. Sep 6, 2007 #2 of 60
    UTV2TiVo

UTV2TiVo Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 2, 2005
    Sacramento...
    Should be a good one. Whatever the outcome the UFC LHW title will be held by an American former Pride star.

3. Sep 6, 2007 #3 of 60
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I really can't decide who to root for in the main event. I love Rampage because he is such a character but I don't think he is as good a fighter as Henderson. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Henderson fight in the MW division.

Outside of that I'm going for Bisping and Cro Cop.

4. Sep 6, 2007 #4 of 60
    EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I am curious to see how Cro Cop does after that brutal kick he took against Gonzaga.

5. Sep 6, 2007 #5 of 60
    Raimi

Raimi New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    Should be a great show. I'm taking Henderson over Rampage. Henderson manhandled Wanderlei at Pride 33 and Rampage has been knocked out twice by Wanderlei so I think Henderson is going to take this one. Rampage hasn't seemed to me to be on his game for the last couple years (even if he did KO Liddell).

I'm thinking Cro Cop's going to come in in top form against Kongo and take the fight. Should be quite a stand up battle between the two.

I'm not too excited about the Bisping, Hamill match up. I don't really consider either fighter to be standouts in their weight class. I'm thinking Bisping will take the fight if it ends early but wouldn't be surprised if Hamill wins if it goes to a decision.

Also interested in seeing Houston Alexander. After he beat Jardine there was a lot of talk about him but that fight didn't really showcase much as far as I'm concerned. Should be interesting to see if he'll live up to the growing hype.

6. Sep 6, 2007 #6 of 60
    ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I just don't see any way possible for Hamill to win. Even if he did get it to the ground I see Bisping subbing him, escaping, or even striking.

Bisping definitely isn't top tier yet but I think he has the potential to be in a few years. Everyone keeps asking him about a title shot and even he says he isn't ready yet. He thinks he won't be ready for at least another year.

7. Sep 6, 2007 #7 of 60
    Raimi

Raimi New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    Hamill's stand up is terrible but he seems to dominate on the ground. No JJ but he tends to do what Sherk does and keep an opponent from making any headway. I can see Bisping subbing him and wouldn't be surprised if that's the way it goes. This is a tough match up for me to call. Hamill seems to bully guys on the ground but doesn't really get anywhere once he has his opponent down. If he does the lay and pray and Bisping can't find that sub, I could see the judges giving Hamill the win. It's pretty obvious that Bisping definitely has the advantage on his feet.

I think that out of the two Bisping definitely has the most potential. He's got a long way to go and I can see him being a top guy in the future. I think he's got the skills to get to the top, but he just needs more work. :)

8. Sep 7, 2007 #8 of 60
    Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003
    Iamb a big Rampage fan so Iamb going with him, but Henderson surely has enough to win.

I like Cro-Cop by highlight reel knockout, I really think he's going to come back very focused. Not taking anything away from Gonzaga, but I think he's embarrassed at the way he was dominated.

Bisping should win and I hope they stop throwing him tomato cans and make him get in a real fight.

I too am very interested to see what Alexander can show.

War Rampage!

9. Sep 7, 2007 #9 of 60
    ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I'm betting after tomorrow night people will be saying one of two things about him:

A) He was a one hit wonder.

or

B) He's the next Sokoudjou.

:)

10. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I'll tivo it but I'm sure the fights will be on youtube even before it's shown here. That's waht happened the last time.

11. Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003
    If you watch them on youtube, please tag any spoilers you might decided to post here.

12. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Definately. On the last Spike tv fight I know for sure UFC hyped it up as "live" . I went into a thread (on another forum) and someone posted an animated gif of the gonzaga kick to the head of cro cop. I then realized it had already been said and done. took alot of the excitement out of it.

13. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Is the intention to completely get rid of Pride now? Already set my TiVo.

14. 2004raptor

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    supposedly they were still going to remain 2 seperate organizations that would have an occasional (1-2 per year) "superbowl fight" where they wouls have UFC and Pride champions compete. Looks like it's not panning out that way and Pride is all but gone.

15. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Is it just me or is this card better than UFC 76 which is not free?

16. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    All three of the main events seem great. Some really great matches coming up.

What is the schedule for UFC 76?

17. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    I guess the fact that it is not really live is why it is free.

I probably won't watch it until Monday anyway. I have to watch Auburn football Saturday night at the same time as this will broadcast and saving this until Monday gives me something to watch while working out.

There should be some good fights. How much does Henderson weigh now? When he beat Silva, didn't he weigh less than 200 pounds since he was moving up a weight class? If he does not have to cut any weight while Jackson does, there could be a significant difference in their real weights. If he weighs significantly less than Jackson, I wonder if it will make a difference. Of course if Jackson has to cut too much weight, that could hurt Jackson as well.

18. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Main Card Bouts:
    -Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Forrest Griffin
    -Chuck Liddell (#3 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Keith Jardine
    -Diego Sanchez (#6 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Jon Fitch (#7 Welterweight in the World)*
    -Kazuhiro Nakamura (#10 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Lyoto Machida
    -Tyson Griffin vs. Thiago Tavares

Preliminary Bouts:
    -Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia
    -Matt Wiman vs. Michihiro Omigawa
    -Justin McCully vs. Christian Wellisch
    -Diego Saraiva vs. Jeremy Stephens

19. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I've heard several people mention Henderson as a 200lb guy fighting in a 220lb world. Honestly I don't see it being a factor between these two.

20. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    Probably not in this fight, but it certainly was when Henderson fought Nogeria (sp?).