UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Fool Me Twice, May 8, 2010.

1. May 8, 2010 #1 of 23
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004

Advertisements

Anyone watching tonight? Main event should be great.

I always root against Koscheck, but based on the little exposure I've had to Daley, I don't like him much either. Are we guaranteed a dooshbag coach for the next TUF?

Hopefully Mitrione/Slice doesn't go past the first couple minutes, or we're due for a three round slow-dance.

2. May 8, 2010 #2 of 23
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    ESPN is reporting Shogun's knee is injured..Dana is denying. We'll see if he can kick.

3. May 8, 2010 #3 of 23
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Anyone else dislike Bruce Buffer?

4. May 8, 2010 #4 of 23
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Wow, Belcher! Nice slam. Was that legal?

5. May 8, 2010 #5 of 23
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...

Advertisements

Buffer is like a mole on your skin. You don't like it but it's not bothersome enough to get it removed.

Ouch Cote got dropped on his face!

6. May 8, 2010 #6 of 23
    Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Haha! That's exactly right.

7. May 9, 2010 #7 of 23
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Hope Koscheck gets wrecked by GSP again. What a tool.

8. May 9, 2010 #8 of 23
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Shogun redeems!!!

9. May 9, 2010 #9 of 23
    AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    Dana just said Daley will never fight in the UFC again. Good

10. AstroDad

AstroDad Like Death & Taxes

Jan 21, 2003
    Houston
    Kimbo is done as well

11. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Quoted for truth.

Kimbo looks done.

12. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I went on a mini crusade to get rid of him last year! He's not bugging QUITE so much these days (I've learned to accept it), but last night he was particularly annoying. I tend to 30 second skip past his entirely too long, too loud, and too drawn out introductions. He also mispronounces half the fighters names. :p

That was a fairly entertaining night of fights. Kos did just what I thought he should do and how about Daley sucker punching him after the bell? That's a first! Turns out Kos was talking some pretty serious smack in Daley's ear in the last 30 seconds while he had him pinned on the ground. That's no excuse, but Kos himself provided it on MMA live right after the fight. Kos is local so I'm glad he won. Watching MMA Live and it appears that Dana White has cut Daley from the UFC and says he'll never fight in the UFC again. Even if he's the number one contender. Kos says he hopes that Dana changes his mind. Of the two, I think I'd have preferred Koscheck as the new Coach on TUF vs. Daley. Wrestling guys usually make pretty decent Coaches. Usually. ;)

I couldn't have been more surprised with how much more insane Rua looked last night. I actually kind of thought Machida might take it. His 16 wins in a row, and the fight I saw with Rua and Griffin influenced me in the wrong direction. I couldn't be happier though, because Rua has already said he's up to take on Anderson Silva. Really looking forward to that.

Edited to add: Agree about Kimbo. He just doesn't seem to get it. Although, if HE'S done, then what does that say about Houston Alexander? Yikes... And what was the deal with Kimbo grabbing the microphone and doing a "shout out"? That was awkward. :D

Side Note: No mention yet of the "Phantom Knee" that Koscheck said he got hit with? I personally couldn't tell if he got grazed or not, but he's still saying he got hit with "something".

13. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I always thought Kimbo was overrated and this fight sealed it for me. Admittedly, I have only seen a few of his professional fights and I think he was set up to win in Elite XC by getting fights that played to his strengths. I thought he was just some thug that could hit hard, but the exposure he got with UFC changed that. Because of how he was on TUF, he really changed the way I thought about him though. He doesn't come off as ignorant or thuggish He seems to be a decent guy that was genuinely trying to learn and expand his game. I just think he is too far behind the level of competition to catch up and become a contender.

After seeing him fight now in the UFC a few times, I'm back to where I was before he was on TUF (talent wise that is). I'm not sure if he should be on another PPV other than to help increase the buy rate.

I'm also waiting for all of the Lesnar haters chime in about how what a piece of trash Paul Daley is for hitting his opponent several seconds after the bell. You know, the ones that were bashing him for the way he acted at UFC 100 after his rematch with Mir. At least he didn't sucker punch Mir.

14. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Daley will be back in the UFC after a suspension or a couple fights in SF/Dream. I don't care what Dana says. It's not like 170 is stacked competition for GSP.

15. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    That was my first thought as well. In a few months he'll apologize and go to rehab or something, and then he'll be forgiven. Wouldn't be the first kid to get kicked out and let back in. About the only permanent suspension I can think of that stuck was for Babalou for not letting go of a choke after the Ref had stopped the fight, but I don't think Dana wanted him any more at that point in his career anyway.

16. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    Josh was sure talking smak to him the last couple minutes of the fight: he knew what he was doing. And he provoked the fans also, with the stuff about the Penguins and beating GSP. I wanna see GSP break him in two.

17. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I'm not sure he'll be back, simply because I'm not sure Dana wants him anymore (much like Babalu).

Daley/GSP would be even worse than GSP/Hardy. Unless of course Daley landed a quick left hook. Guys like Shields/GSP/Kos are going to wrestle a guy like Daley/Hardy far more than Daley/Hardy are going to end the fight with strikes.

I'm mixed on my feelings. He's made his apology and knows what a colossal mistake he made. I hate to see the man's livelihood taken from him. That is overstating it a bit, but it would be taking away the biggest performance stage.

We'll see how things play out a few years down the road. Particularly since Zuffa is still expanding in Europe. Keep in mind that Dana said many of the same things about Penn when he left originally. Years later in a tight spot Dana brought him back and he's practically a golden boy now.

Hopefully Daley's road back to the big show won't be as troubled as Yvel's. It took him years to get past the stigma of his actions and regain licensing in the States.

18. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I can't really blame Kos for sticking it to him at the end. If you followed the trash talk between the two leading up to the fight you'd know Daley said a lot of things meant to get in the head of a guy like Kos. Of course Kos was firing back as well.

While "tasteless", I thought Kos' attacking of the fans was brilliant. The Montreal crowd was vicious to him all week. They booed him relentlessly at the weigh-ins, in his walkout, during and after the fight. He was never going to gain any fans so he took the role of the heel and played it magnificently. When fighting GSP that's pretty much all you can do. He's trying to add some flair to a fight that most probably aren't interested in.

19. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    That makes sense. I don't follow the drama, just watch the fights.

20. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    same here. Actually while I have read mostly negative things about Kos over the years I have liked him. More than likely it's because I never watched the season of TUF (1st season???) he was on.