two Tivo with Cable card, unable to transfer?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jtlytle, Apr 14, 2011.

1. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    I have TiVoHD and Premiere TiVo and both are lifetime. I got Cable cards from Comcast for both of them. My Comcast in Florida went Digital two weeks ago. I am seeing the red icon beside the title in my list. the message says "Trasnsferring prohibited by the copyright holder".'
    But the exactly same show that was recorded on my S2 Dual Tivo ( I have three with lifetime) and I was able to transfer the same show. Is the cablecard prevents this or it's the Comcast?

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    Comcast or the rights owner has instructed Comcast to flag it as prohibited.

3. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    Dance with the Stars?? But if it was taped on S2, it can transfer to Premiere.

4. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Those pesky flags are part of the glorious new world of digital TV.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Transfers should not be prohibited from a local channel that is also available OTA.

6. a68oliver

a68oliver Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Crawfordsvil...
    jtlytle, you should be able to win the war with the local broadcast stations. The other non-broadcast stations may be more difficult. If it helps, Comcast has unflagged everything except premium and special movie channels like Sundance and Stars in my market.

It has been awhile, but I am thinking that all my stations were flagged originally during the early part of the digital migration, but were later unflagged as they sorted things out.

I believe that the rule prohibiting flagging local broadcast stations is an FCC rule. You should be able to search for it here and find something to take to the local Comcast people.