Two Tivo Premiers - One Shows Up On Network, One Doesn't (kinda)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by elkhunt, Nov 10, 2011.

1. elkhunt

elkhunt New Member

Nov 10, 2011

Advertisements

so here is my issue. I have two Tivo Premiers on my home network along with several computers and iDevices. I have the DNSMasq and firewall turned off on all routers and bridges in my network

This is the breakdown of my connections:

Living Room:
    Cable Modem >Wireless Router (buffalo infinity)> Tivo Premier #1 wired to router with cat5 and that is found on my ipad app every time. I can see it in my router settings but the tivo computer app won't find it. It updates to tivos servers just fine and when I do the "network test" in the tivo menu it passes everytime so the box is always online and connected with no problems there.
    I have a screen shot of my network info but I can't post them due to my low post status so here is the info on the screen
    Network Status:
    IP address: 192.168.1.46
    Gateway: 192.168.1.254
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Broadcast Address: 192.168.1.255
    DNS addr. (1,2,3) 24.217.0.5, 24.217.201.67, 68.113.206.10

Master Bedroom:
    Wireless Bridge (buffalo infinity)>Tivo Premier#2 wired to bridge with cat5 and can only be found on the ipad app for a few min. after a reset of the bridge. I can see the I.P. in my router settings and the tivo computer app won't find it. It updates to tivos servers just fine and when I do the "network test" in the tivo menu it passes everytime so the box is always online and connected with no problems there.
    network info:
    IP address: 192.168.1.5
    Broadcast Address: 192.168.1.255
    DNS addr. (1,2,3) 24.217.0.5, 24.217.201.67, 68.113.206.10

Office:
    another Wireless Bridge (Buffalo Infinity)> computer and print server hard wire to bridge. All systems a go there. Internet works on the wired pc and I can print from laptops ipads phones to the network printer and plotter. All laptops on wireless work flawless as well.
    Computer network info:
    IP address: 192.168.1.9

My main issue is this, I would love for the iPad and iPhone apps to work on BOTH machines without restarting the wireless bridge in the bedroom just to get it to connect. After a restart I can connect just fine to either box but after about 10 min I loose the connection to the box in the bedroom. The PC software from Tivo does not work - I cannot see either box from the PC, however on the tivo boxes I can see my computer, when I try to connect I get error 43-100. The biggest bummer for me is I want to use the Galleon home server but with the bedroom box loosing connection all the time it won't work there. The apps work fine on the living room TV. Short of trying to run a hard wire from the main router to the bedroom TV can anyone think of a fix or what may be the problem? I have a two story house so getting a wire from the living room to the master upstairs would be next to impossible without destroying several areas of drywall and that just ain't gonna happen! Both machines have the same Media Access Number and I have enabled the network remote controll access and the network application access........ any other ideas? BTW this is my first experiance with Tivo and Cable. I've always been a dish man until now......