Two Series 2 to One TV Possible?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Resist, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Is it possible to connect two Series 2 Tivo's to one standard Definition TV?

2. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Sure, if you have enough connection ports on your TV (e.g.: AV1, AV2, etc.) Otherwise, you could connect them via RF cable using a simple RF switch. That would reduce the video clarity but it would work. You would probably need to make sure that you use a Tivo remote with the 1/2 switch so you can separately control them.

3. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    ...or an AVR or a video switch... I have a nifty little six port automatic video switch I got from Radio Shack I no longer use since converting to HD. I would be happy to let it go for $25 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.

4. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    As I said, the TV is a standard definition type. It's from the mid 90's, so it only has one composite input.

5. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Um, yeah, OK. What about either of our responses suggests to you we thought otherwise?

That's not relevant to how many inputs it has. Many TVs from the 80s and 90s had multiple composite inputs. I gave two of them away a couple of years ago, and I still have one from the early 1980s that has four video inputs.

6. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Well this TV only have one composite input besides that coax cable input.

7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Easy peasy, one Tivo to composite, one to RF.
    But I'd use a composite switch if it were me.

8. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    So this switch would allow both Tivo's to record different channels at the same time?

9. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    The switch enables you to view the output of two *T*i*V*o*s* on a TV with only one set of inputs. It has nothing to do with being able to record different channels. For that, you have to split the cable so that each TiVo has its own input.

10. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    A two-way RF splitter costs about $4, BTW.