Two Mulitstream CC W/Comcast?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by gostan, Sep 28, 2007.

1. gostan

gostan Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Boston
    Comcast independent installer came out today for a CC drop for my new TivoHD.

He advised me that I would need two M-cards with the TivoHD because the Comcast system would not allow me to use two tuners with one M-card.

This was pretty surprising to me. Was he correct?

Stan

2. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...

hey Stan,

i would think one M-card works for both tuners on your tivoHD, hence the name, mulit card. only one M card is needed, as it takes the place of the other s card too. maybe he meant it needs 2 S-cards? i'm no expert, but that's why tivo supports both s card, and m card, as m cards are not available everywhere right now.

3. tmesser

tmesser Member

Apr 12, 2003
    Naperville, IL
    He's wrong. The "Comcast system" doesn't care about the number of tuners on a host device, only that they're authorized. In fact, they're deploying their own latest multi-tuner DVRs with one M-Card in many areas right now.

4. d_anders

d_anders Sr Legacy Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Twin Cities...
    So what actually happened? Did you just put in one and see that it works and tell him you were fine for one card and send him on his way? Or did he leave because he refused to do it that way, or did you send him out to try to confirm?