Two Channels Fail on Cablecard 1

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by GarKar, Jul 8, 2009.

1. GarKar

GarKar Member

Dec 29, 2003

Advertisements

I have a Series3 with 2 Motorola S-cards (same firmware) which showed as Auth: Subscribed. If I go to the DVR Diagnostics screen I see that Tuner 0 is Cablecard 2 and Tuner 1 is Cablecard 1. Is this ok? It seems backwards. Cablecard 2 receives all my subscribed channels, but for Cablecard 1 cannot tune 2 digital channels that are fine on #2.
    Also, the value for Decrypt Recordchannels for Tuner 0 = 1(0) while the value for Tuner 1 = 1(1). Is this as it should be?

I tried unplugging and restarting my S3 and get the same failure on the two channels on card 1. But now the Conditional Access screen shows Auth: unknown.

Where do I go from here?

Edit: Card 2 now shows Auth: subscribed, Card 1, still Auth: unknown

2. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Copy all of the numbers or be able to read the pairing numbers. Call your cable company and give them the information. have them send a hit to your TiVo.

3. Roderigo

Roderigo New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Brookdale, CA
    The Auth line is specific to the channel you're tuned to, so that's why it's different at different times you check.

I'd read through this tivo document, and see if it helps diagnose the problem.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/c/123,130/r_id/100041

As far as the other two lines you're quoting from the TiVo Diagnostics, you don't really need to worry about them (except for knowing which channel is using which cablecard).

4. GarKar

GarKar Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Thanks for the replies and explanation. I will call the cable co today and verify the numbers and ask for the 'hit'.