Two and a Half Men - 10/25/2010 (Spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Alfer, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003

Advertisements

Sorry I didn't feel like researching the actual title of the show so no need to complain that I didn't follow the "proper" format. :p:)

Anyway...this episode really fell flat for me.

The whole jerking off thing was pretty lame and was WAY overused.

Seems that was the basis of the whole episode and the Charlie girlfriend thing was just a side story.

I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but man this episode was really annoying.

What's weird is since this season started I've felt each episode has really lost it's shine and has felt really forced...especially the Alan character...he's become such a cartoon like oaf it's not even funny anymore.

Same with Charlie...he's become just a robotic character...where the same outfit every episode, sit and drink, make fun of Alan, drink...etc....it's really getting old.

I've been watching this since day one but for some reason I'm not feelin' the love at all this season ...it just feels WAY too forced and humorlous.

Sorry for the sidetrack rant, but it just frustrates me how off key this show has gotten.

2. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I have been watching it from day one as well. And while I agree with everything you just said. I still laughed my ass off at many parts. I guess when I sit down to watch this show I just shut off the brain and don't take anything too seriously.

I agree that they have become cartoon characters of themselves. But the formula has worked for the show so they are going with their strengths. I found a lot of humor in the whole girlfriend daughter thing.

3. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I watch this show sporadically - each season I watch a few and then get tired of it. There have only been a handful of episodes that I found really amusing and not of the same each week. As you said, Charlie - the same outfit each week, make fun of Alan, help Alan or self, or someone out of a jam, have some minor revelation about character failure, wash, rinse, repeat.

4. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    I randomly watch these episodes on Tivo so I'm never really sure if I'm watching current or older seasons. I just watched one a few days ago where Alan and According to Jim's wife were hooking up and Alan's pipe burned her house down. Is that current?

5. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA

Advertisements

Yes, that is fairly current.

6. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    2-3 weeks ago.

I thought this was a pretty funny episode. If he had just caught Allen jerking off then I would have thought it was overdone. But since it was caused by stupidly taking a "boner pill" I thought it was pretty funny that he kept getting aroused by everything. Especially the description of the car key and key hole. :D

7. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
  8. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Tampadelphia...
    Intersestingly I watched this show after watching the first episode of this season's CSI that I hadn't yet watched but had saved on my Tivo..

The cute black haired lab tech who's apparently now left CSI was Charlie's girlfriend/dermatologist.

She looked a WHOLE lot older than she did on CSI.

WIERD.....huh?

9. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    I'd still hit... oh, never mind.

10. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    They had her playing an older woman so maybe they made her up to age her looks. I always enjoyed when they featured her and the other lab guy, especially the scifi eposode.

11. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I looked her up on imdb because I knew I knew her from something. She had to have been made up to look older because she actually looked younger than her years on CSI. She (Liz Vassey) was born in August of 1972.

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, I knew I wanted to comment on this episode.

I thought it was VERY strange that they hired a 38 year old woman to play a 47 year old woman… but I guess she had to look "mid 30s" or whatever Charlie said.

I dunno, I thought it was a funny episode. Did they play off the onanism a bit much? Yeah, but this show is funny even though it's very repetitive (I've said before there are basically 3 jokes repeated over and over on this show).

Also, I had to look up Liz Vassey too. She reminded me of one of the daughters on "Too Close for Comfort". (Though it looks like that actress is about 10 years older than I thought.. I thought she was almost the right age for the character's age.)

…and oh yeah, at first I was confused at the end where Alan was going.. but I guess the entrance to the garage is on the OTHER side of the kitchen. Guess this is another one of those impossible-to-actually-set-up homes from TV shows (e.g. the Brady Bunch house).

13. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Didnt she play the soccer mom Charlie met at Jake's game while Alan was being "seduced" by two other soccer moms?

14. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Yes...She was on an episode of 2-1/2 2-3 years ago.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yes, I thought it was odd that she's actually seven years younger than Charlie in real life, but playing four years older than his character on the show.

16. gschrock

gschrock Active Member

Dec 27, 2001
    holt, mi
    As far as I can tell, the house seems to be set up perfectly normally, at least on the inside. Since the Ocean is on the west side, the garage is on the north end, with the laundry room in the entrance to the garage (And I've seen that type of setup), then working south, kitchen, living room, then the stairs to the upstairs and the downstairs bedrooms.

Now, the house is huge on the inside compared to the way most of those Malibu beach houses look on the outside when you actually drive by them.

17. McGonigle

McGonigle Far out!

Nov 7, 2001
    Marshall County
    I'm a bit behind and I just saw this one and I noticed Alan had to explain to Charlie what a meet-cute was which was weird since Charlie had used the expression with a nurse shaving his privates for a vasectomy. Where's the continuity, Chuck Lorre? Come on!

Oh I like the opening credits song when the little kid turns into a hideous monster.:p