Twilight Zone Season 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by smbaker, Aug 29, 2020.

1. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003

Advertisements

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this (or did I miss it?).

Very hit-or-miss for me. There was one episode (S02E10: You might also like) that blew my mind, two episodes (S02E03 The Who of You, S02E09 Try, Try) that I thought were pretty good. There were about 6 episodes that were so unremarkable I don't think I can remember what they were about.

Finally, S02E06 "8" was the stupidest half hour of television I recall watching in a long time. Not stupid-fun, not stupid-so-bad-its-good, for me it was just stupid-stupid.

My interests don't always align with others, for example my favorite episode S02E10 was the lowest rated on imdb.

Anyone else... did you watch?

2. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    E6,7, &10 were my least favorite. Otherwise, I enjoyed the season.

3. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
  4. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    I can't believe they didn't make this one episode 8.

My favorite episode was the actual episode 8, "A Small Town," which, of all the episodes this season, felt the most like it would have fit in on the original "Twilight Zone." (It had echoes of "Stopover in a Quiet Town" from the original series, which also involved a model of a small town, although to a very different effect.)

5. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003

Advertisements

Perhaps the producers did and then the network reordered them (I can't imagine why in a streaming platform, but I know networks often like to reorder things).

Yeah, that one was alright. I suppose I also kinda liked "meet in the middle" though that also seemed kinda predictable to me.

6. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I wasn't all that impressed with Season 1 so I'll probably pass on Season 2. It's not that the show isn't very good, but rather it's becoming increasingly difficult to come up with newer ideas for the genre that have the same impact as the original series. I think we've become so desensitized to shock and horror with all of the CGI and special effects that it all just becomes background noise. The bar was set so high with the original series that it's near impossible for any of the reboots to come even close to what Rod Serling accomplished back in the day.

I've always been a fan of anthology sci-fi and horror shows. There were lots of great ones airing when I was growing up like Tales from the Darkside, Thriller, The Outer Limits, One Step Beyond, and many others. Everything these days seems like it has to be a soap opera with one story line that spans an entire season or more. Black Mirror is about the closest show currently airing that even comes close to some of the older classic horror shows. One of my favorites was Monsters which introduced a different new monster every week. The stories were fun and the monsters were actually pretty good even though they didn't have the benefit of modern CGI and computer technology.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Family likes this.