TWC Raleigh service questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by HiKent, Jul 22, 2011.

1. HiKent

HiKent New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Hi all,

I'm moving to the Triangle next month & have been trying to figure out what the local TWC policy is regarding TiVos. I will be hooking up my Premier & Series 3 (original dual cable card version).

In my current TWC region, I'm required to have a cable box (which I don't use) + 3x digital outlet fees (for *two* DVRs) + 3x cable card rental. But the Tuning adaptors are free. There is also a truck roll charge *per cablecard*.

In looking at the TWC-Raleigh website, I don't see any digital outlet fees listed or requirements for a digital cable box per account. So what should I expect to pay?

Sorry for bothering the list. However, I have found my local TWC reps to be less that knowledgeable about cable-card installs.

Thanks for the help.

Kent

2. supernova

supernova New Member

Jan 1, 2004
    Durham,...
    Kent,

We live in Durham and were not charged anything for a truck roll when they installed the cablecard in our series 3 (just one card).
    We do pay for a TW box that we don't use and as far as I know there isn't any additional charge for extra digital outlets but we do just have the one in our house. The tuning adapter is free.

3. a68oliver

a68oliver Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Crawfordsvil...
    As per recent FCC regulation, you should be able to do a self install of cablecards after Aug. 1. If the Aug 1 date does not apply in your market, then November 1 everywhere. Search for more info on the forum.