Tvonics prism codes help please

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by regdor, Jun 19, 2007.

1. regdor

regdor New Member

Jun 22, 2006

Advertisements

Are there any codes that work with a Tvonics Prism?
    I bought one as Tesco were selling them for £33(were £49) and recall good reports. I assumed as they had been out for a while that there would be Tivo codes. Possibly a silly mistake! Forum searches have not shown an answer but the topic has been raised before. I have tried trawling the various freeview codes but without success. I know this was also sold under the Ferguson brand but those codes do not work either.
    The Prism "feels" much better quality than most stb on the market and the picture is excellent, the supplied remote is very neat. It does have a radio switch which is a shame.
    I have tried four other stbs including the Wharfedale but all have some problem or another.

2. regdor

regdor New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Having played around with this box it seems that i can change to and from radio without hitting the Tv/radio button on the remote. A previous Philips STB needed a button press so i could not easily record radio hence my comment in my first post.
    So this STB looks even better, if i can get Tivo to control it! I have seen the posts about using a Pronto to capture the remote codes but do not have one.
    So any guidance would be much appreciated.

3. regdor

regdor New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    If anyone is interested the answer is to be found in another post. Having re-read it i now see that if i choose stb box type of TIVO there is a code 88881 which works. If this is the work of Gary many thanks for your efforts.
    This is excellent news. If anyone wants a new freeview box i would recommend this one. The picture is very sharp and stable even with a very weak signal.
    Tivo can switch it to radio or tv. After a power break it does reset to bbc1 so that could be problem. I have tried a Philps 500(given to me foc), radio/tv switch issue and lots of breakups. Wharfedale(Argos) , sound drops every 2 hours ( yes it was the N version).
    A setpal off ebay, good but after a power cut it needed a full manual channel scan.
    The Tvonics is in a nicely made, small black prism with a high quality feel to the neat remote. I think it is much better than the Wharfedale.