TV Roamio Diagnostics Info Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by 53richart, Jun 6, 2020.

1. 53richart

53richart Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Acworth, GA

Advertisements

TV Roamio OTA

Help>Account & System Info>Diagnostic

Signal Strength: What are the normal values you would expect to see? At what signal strength would a signal become unwatchable?

SNR: What are the normal values you would expect to see?

RS Uncorrected: What does this mean?

Thanks!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    53richart likes this.
  3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    These are relative numbers, so they do not compare directly between different models; I do not have a Roamio to use for comparison, but I can tell you that a Bolt will display a picture perfectly with any clean signal (no multi-path issues) down as low as 40% and an SNR of 16.

There is no "normal" value. It all depends on where you are, where your transmitters are, what type of antenna you are using, etc. Even with evil overpriced cable, it all depends on your service connection.

53richart likes this.
  4. 53richart

53richart Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks for the info. I knew there would not be a normal value, but thought perhaps there was a normal range of values for both signal strength and SNR where at some minimum value you would expect to start having quality issues with the OTA stream.

5. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008

Advertisements

My minimum for a good picture is about 50%. 72% is the max for OTA Roamios and Bolts, if greater it does something to bring it down to 72 (Joe's explanation).

53richart likes this.
  6. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    To jump back in, Roamio ota 1tb series 5 ---21.9.7.v8...signal strength meter shows 72 on every station but nothing for Peak. They are definitely not all the same. Trying to relocate antenna so would like to see results before I finalize it.

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I think that function is broken.

8. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    OK thx, will keep an eye open for that.

9. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Ever buy a digital clock? It has a thin sheet of plastic with 12:00 covering the front so that it looks good. It was locking up when the channel was changed.

Roamio OTA - signal strength meter

You can still use the Diagnostics that you get under Help/System Information but there's no way to change the channel.