TV-MA (and TV-14) ending up in Kids category

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TKnight206, Sep 6, 2019.

1. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I don't know what the Kids category is officially, but I know TV-MA shouldn't be showing up in there, but it does.
    It's happened in the past with various shows, and it's still happening. Below are some examples of TV-MA and TV-14.

On-Air Schedule - Adult Swim
    Sat, Sep 07 (9/7/2019)
    11:30 PM GEN:LOCK THE ONLY ME I KNOW TV-14 LV
    12:00 AM DR. STONE WEAPONS OF SCIENCE TV-14 LV
    01:00 AM FOOD WARS! THE SUPREME RECETTE TV-MA S
    02:30 AM NARUTO:SHIPPUDEN THE FIRST AND LAST OPPONENT TV-14 V
    03:00 AM MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN: ADVENT OF THE RED COMET RED MOBILE SUIT TV-14 LV

Maybe I can verify these after they record to make sure it's not a typo on the website.

2. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004

Some so called "parents" think that's just fine (then they wonder why their kids are such monsters at 13...). I don't use the categories (we have our own collection for our kids) but I'd call Tivo and submit a ticket so at least it's on file (seems like I need some more parenthesis in this post) (ok, that should do it) .

Good luck!

3. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    In general, the entire Toonami line-up is not for kids, which is why they air after 11pm. Food Wars is for immature adults in the way they explicitly orgasm at the mere taste of a well-prepared dish, and for other suggestions of sexual excitement.

4. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    (I wish I could sort by channel number like my old DVR.)

Here's another example.

Gemusetto Machu Picchu episode "Chapter 5b: Foot Fault" which recorded on 7/28/2019 has the Kids category listed when I look at the specific episode. It is rated TV MA LS. That rating is in the actual video itself in the upper-left part of the screen.
    (Listed as Animated, Kids, Comedy, Fantasy.)

I haven't watched any Gemusetto Machu Picchu episodes yet.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    sort what by channel #? You can have the guide show you by channel #.

6. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I'm not referring to the guide. If I recall, Comcast legacy DVRs' "Recordings" section (TiVo's equivalent of My Shows) would have a "Sort By" for Name, Date, and Channel Number or something like that.

7. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I can confirm that Food Wars! episode "The Supreme Recette" shows "TV MA S" in the upper left while playing it.

8. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Do you have a point or something? You are correct. Why should I care?

9. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I'm tired of guide inaccuracies, and this is one of them. It may be important for anyone who has kids who doesn't want them watching TV-MA programming.

Also, because it's a left category, TV-MA series that are incorrectly marked Kids don't show up in the TV Series category (if the Kids category is enabled.)