TV land channel is amazing

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by omnibus, Jul 23, 2010.

1. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    TV land has taken their programming up several notches.

Ordinarily you can find lots of memorable and not so memorable shows.

Now with "Hot in Cleveland" we get to spot several over the hill and/or still popular actors. Betty White of course and now on the 7/23 ep we had featured appearances from Hal Linden, Juliet Mills and Shirley Knight. Last week it was Carl Reiner.

I wish they'd slow down the credit roll. I had to put it in slo-mo for confirmation.

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It might be good, but I won't watch until (or IF) it's in HD. DirecTV doesn't carry it in HD. There's lots of stuff to watch besides that.

3. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    I wish TV Land was offered in HD too. But my trusty old S2 is on an SD TV in the bedroom, so that's where I record stuff I want to watch from SD channels. I like Hot in Cleveland. It's a pleasant classic sitcom.

4. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I commented to my wife last night how weird it was to watch good original programming on TV Land! We are really liking Hot In Cleveland.

5. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Your loss.

6. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    You guys don't know what you're missing by not getting MeTV and MeTV2 which is local DTV in Chicago.

I've got a SP for Combat! (seen guest stars including Frank Gorshin, Jack Lord, Lee Marvin, Sal Mineo,...), Rat Patrol (but I think I've seen all of the episodes now), Have Gun Will Travel. I sampled M-Squad with Lee Marvin, Route 66, The Naked City.

The funny thing for me is most of these were on the ol' B&W TV in my lifetime, but I was too young to sit through them. Just like how I discovered Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts - They were pretty good.

7. bengalfreak

bengalfreak Active Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Wow, I thought Hot in Cleveland was so bad it was painful. TVLand is supposed to be about classic TV. I hope we aren't going to get alot of this junk.

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    You're certainly in the minority.:rolleyes:

9. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    It was nice seeing Hal Linden make a move on Betty White.

Greg

10. pdhenry

pdhenry Recumbent

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Having all their programming in SD is what makes it retro!

11. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Can you even show old videotaped shows in HD? Without 720 lines of horizontal resolution, why bother?

-- Don