TV input button won't work

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rickstaton, Mar 4, 2014.

1. rickstaton

rickstaton New Member

Feb 6, 2014

Advertisements

I am trying to program the TV input functions to alternate between my TV and TiVO on HDMI 1 and my Blu-Ray on HDMI 2.
    I found a code which pops up the menu to choose between the sources. However, the remote won't let me scroll to the appropriate source, nor to hit "select" or "enter" to change it.
    Any suggestions?
    I have a Panasonic TV

2. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    On my Samsung and Philips TVs, hitting input brings up the menu and hitting it again changes to the next input. On my Westinghouse TV, hitting input brings up the menu and subsequent presses do nothing. I don't think there's a workaround if your TV behaves the second way.

3. caughey

caughey Member

May 26, 2007
    Orange County
    I think you're limited to the two types of behavior Arcady described. Programming the TiVo remote doesn't give any of the other buttons (enter or arrows, etc) any TV functions. You might try additional codes and see if one of them will let you cycle through the inputs. Depending on which code I use, I can either toggle between two inputs I don't have connected or cycle through all the inputs (one is useless, the other tedious).

Or you could hook up an AV receiver and only use one input on your TV (and then you have to change inputs or your AVR).

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I have a Panasonic and the input button works, but multiple presses need to be slow to cycle the inputs, about a second per press. Also, the vol buttons will clear it.

5. midson

midson Member

Feb 26, 2005

Advertisements

I had the same problem with my Dynex TV. There is a button on the TV remote that toggles between HDMI inputs but none of the tivo control codes worked. I went ahead and purchased the slide pro and used it to learn the command. Works great and has the added benefit of a keyboard and backlight. The RF is more reliable as well.