tv.com linking to tivo question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by MThorin, Mar 13, 2011.

1. MThorin

MThorin New Member

Jan 30, 2006

Advertisements

I am trying to link my tv.com to my tivo.com account, so i can stream tv.com shows to my tivo. I have created my tv.com account, then when I click on the tivo link on the tv.com website it brings up a page that says "A valid TiVo® user account. Don't have a TiVo® account? Click to Sign Up" there i no where to click except on "Click to Sign Up". When I click on that link it brings up a page at https://www3.tivo.com and the url is quite long after that. on that page it says to put in my e-mail and password for tivo so it can link my 2 accounts then I click continue. on the next page it asks me to accept the terms and agreements. when i hit accept it says "Sorry, we're currently unable to link your TiVo account to your TV.com account. Please try again later or contact customer support." I have tried to call tivo customer support and they say it's a tv.com problem. I have tried to e-mail tv.com support and have recieved no answer yet. A google search shows me nothing on linking tv.com and tivo.

Does anyone have any idea of how to link the 2 accounts?
    Thanks.

2. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    It looks like you can only schedule shows to record on your TiVo from tv.com.

3. MThorin

MThorin New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    thank you for that info. which is good to know, but i still have the problem of not being able to link the tv.com account to my tivo account. and there is nothing (other then the link that i said above )as it currently stands on the tv.com site that would allow me to schedule a show on my tivo.

4. speed_phreak

speed_phreak Member

Apr 6, 2006
    I have the same problem. I can't link my TV.com account to my Tivo account either. I can't link my Tivo to zap2it.com either. Seems to me it is a Tivo third-party web API issue, but Tivo doesn't seem to want to help or support it...

5. MThorin

MThorin New Member

Jan 30, 2006

Advertisements

Tivo needs to realize if they don't support the user, the user is going to go somewhere else.

6. WestTx

WestTx Member

Dec 5, 2005
    West Texas
    Go to Settings>Remote, CableCard, & Devices>Network Remote Control... and make sure it's enabled.

7. MThorin

MThorin New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    i honestly don't see how enabling the network remote control would help for tv.com, because tv.com is an outside item. it isn't on my home network, but i just did. figured it can't hurt to try and :) I've been wrong before.. it didn't help.

8. jimmurray1946

jimmurray1946 jimmurray1946

Mar 29, 2009
    Clearlake, CA.
    try using a different browser, my IE will not go through on some sites but firefox or chrome will, or viceaversa. Try them all.