TV Code for Costco Akai 27" LCD TV

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by joeysmith, Jan 16, 2006.

1. joeysmith

joeysmith Member

Jan 9, 2002
    They had a $100 coupon off so I couldn't resist. The model is LCT2765TD - I've tried all the Akai and Samsung codes and gone through the code search twice and can't get the Tvio Peanut to work on the TV. Anybody else get this LCD TV? Just wanted to confirm that there are no codes before I go the Harmony remote route.

Cheers.

2. tacoyac

tacoyac New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    hi there, sorry i don't have an answer. though i have a question: when you mute the tv, do you hear a buzzing/humming sound from the speakers?
    thanks

3. joeysmith

joeysmith Member

Jan 9, 2002
    when muted, there is no buzz. the buzz is a known problem and considered "normal" but can vary in intensity. i was able to minimize it to a point that i don't hear it by switching the backlight intensity to "high". i found this on another forum. tech support told me that if it still buzzes with mute on, then there could be a problem with the speaker / output circuit. tech support said that if still buzzing with mute on, then there are other problems.

4. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    Side Note, showing my age:

Everytime I see someone mention Akai, I wish I had bought one of their last Glass Head Cassette Decks before the original company went under.

5. joeysmith

joeysmith Member

Jan 9, 2002
    i was envious of those "glass/crystal ferrite heads" because our open reel tape player was just one generation behind them and sadly had worn down...

6. markez

markez New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    I am also looking for the codes for the Costco Akai 27" LCT2765TV

7. Tronic

Tronic New Member

Mar 1, 2006

Does this mean the peanut remote will never work?

*Might* have to return the t.v. Can't live with an universal remote...or 2 remotes :rolleyes:

8. tward_biteme1

tward_biteme1 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Maryland, USA.
    Mine wasn't Akai, but I never found a code for a cheap t.v. that I picked up at Best Buy... Forgot what it was called but I think it was made for Best Buy...... Still have to use two remotes for that tv...

Are any codes ever added? (don't laugh)!

9. chef8181

chef8181 New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Try posting a question in the Forums over at Remote Central. They helped me with a Sony Receiver a few months back.