Turn Off Non-HD Channels?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by MikeInTexas7, Mar 27, 2011.

1. MikeInTexas7

MikeInTexas7 New Member

Mar 27, 2011

Advertisements

Hello,
    Is there a way to turn off all non-HD channels on a TiVo Premiere?

Ideally, I would like to click a single button and suppress all non-HD channels. I know that I can go through and favorite channels, but that is a pit of a pain...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    You can de-select all non HD channels from the Channels list.

3. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Indeed it is, but it is the only way anyone has discovered. I spent what seemed like an entire day doing it on mine (comcast in Delray Beach, FL). The only trick I found at all useful (since comcast has a totally randomized channel order) was to use the filter feature on the channel names, which would show me the SD and HD channels on the same screen at the same time. I'd definitely connect a USB keyboard so it is easier to type in the 47,621 filters as you go along :).

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Get a list of channels from your cable company's website, print it out, mark all the non-HD channels, and deselect all those numbers from the list. This takes about 15 minutes when I set up a new TiVo.

5. comma splice

comma splice Member

Feb 4, 2010

Advertisements

On most cable providers, the HD channels are grouped separately from the non-HD channels, which makes this process easier.

Also, the TiVo's channel-selection system is the most user-friendly I've seen. Once you select/deselect a channel, it automatically jumps to the next one. This makes it much easier to go quickly through several pages' worth of channels.

For example, to select/deselect two consecutive channels...

...on other DVRs: select, arrow-down, select
    ...on TiVo: select, select

6. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    The DirecTV DVRs also move to the next channel automatically, for what it's worth. They also have a "Hide SD Duplicate Channels" option, however, so you wouldn't need to remove them from the guide to achieve the stated goal of the OP.

7. comma splice

comma splice Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Yeah, I do like the DirecTV implementation of this.

I also liked on DirecTV that the HD and SD stuff shared a channel number.

In other words, the Fox affiliate here in Dallas was channel 4 in HD or SD. On FiOS it's 4 for SD and 504 for HD.