turn off annoying noise from remote Control

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dlcurren, Sep 14, 2015.

1. dlcurren

dlcurren New Member

Sep 14, 2015
    I hate the loud beeping from the Remote when I press any button. Can it be muted?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Yes. You can change this setting.

3. pldmich

pldmich New Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Settings & Messages
    Settings
    Audio
    Sound Effects Volume
    Off

4. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Connecticut
    What's wierd with those sounds is on my 2 Roamio's I run through receivers, even though I have sounds turned on, the only time I hear sound is when I am navigating the old style menus (whenever there isn't a PiP window). Otherwise in the guide and other places, I never hear the sounds.

Now on the 2 minis I have hooked directly to the TV (still via HDMI), I hear the sounds all the time, in the guide and all menus.

Kinda wierd.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There's a relationship between the noise and DD. If using the A/V output on the Roamio, the noise is always there (and quite loud) leading me to feel it's always PCM on the A/V output.

Set the Roamio to PCM and the noise will always be there.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    This is how it is on FiOS. SInce all their channels use DD audio, you never hear any of the TiVo sounds with the new meus and the preview window. With no preview window then you will get the sounds on the new menus.

7. leiff

leiff Active Member

Aug 24, 2005
    SF Bay area
    The effects are too loud even at the softest of the 3 volume settings.

8. FitzAusTex

FitzAusTex Member

May 7, 2014
    completely agree. I wouldn't mind them if they weren't so loud. Would love tivo to add an extra-low option that's at least half as loud as current low. Maybe even 1/3 as low as current low. And like play and pause, skip back and skip forward would be better if silent.