Tuning issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by rickfriele, Sep 5, 2007.

1. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    It has started happening more recently now, but when I try and tune to ESPNHD, MOJO, HBOHD, etc. all I get is a black screen with no audio. I can go through all of the premium HD channels and nothing. If I tune to a local HD channel that comes in and then go back to one of the previous channels that didn't work they will come in fine. Anyone else have similar problems? My cable company is Cox.

2. StEvEY5036

StEvEY5036 Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Try doing the guided setup again, and reconfiguring your cablecard.. If that doesnt work I would get Cox on the phone

3. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    Since you are subscribed to these services, it could be as stated, by repeating the channel lineup again may return the missing channels to your lineup...

Some have reported that as time passes they begin to lose certain channels as you are experiencing... During a system restart solved the problem, only to return again at some point...

I would venture a guess this is a problem within the cable card itself...

Should the problem repeat, then you'd be wise to call Tivo to get a case# for your benefit. in dealing with future issues

4. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    I am going to run guided setup overnight. I tested channels in the cable card menu where you get the blue bar at the top of the screen and sometimes on cable card 2 it said "No channels available" in which I had to exit out and come back in. The channels that sometimes don't come in happened to not come in twice when testing cable card 2.

5. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    I would definately reboot tivo (pull plug) and see if that helps. If not, call Cox and have the cards reauthorized. When the channel comes back after switching channels it may just be because it is now on a different tuner. It sounds like you lost authorization in CC2.

6. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    Ran guided setup and still having same issues. When I go into the Diagnostics screen for the cable cards, for CableCARD Association it says CableCARD 1 for both cards 1 and 2. Also for CableCARD in the diagnostics they both say 1, and "none" is listed for CableCARD Association listed lower in the menu. Called Cox, but since the problem is intermittent they can't do anything.

7. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    Also, they are both listed as tuner 0.

8. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    Anyone else?