Tuning Adapter - San Antonio TWC

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Combat Medic, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Jan 5, 2009 #1 of 48
    Combat Medic

Combat Medic No guts, no glory

Sep 6, 2001
    San...

Advertisements

Alright, I just had a tech and the supervisor of the Customer Advocacy team leave my house. I am linked up with a tuning adapter that is working perfectly.

The install could not have been easier. I unplugged my TiVo. Installed the TA inline on the coax. Plugged the TA into power, booted the Tivo. Once the TA's light stopped flashing we plugged the USB cable in between the TA and the TiVo.

Right away I was able to tune channels that I haven't been able to watch since I got the TiVo. The only weird thing is that in the cable card diagnostic screens, I can't tune to the SDV channels on either tuner/card. But, I can from live TV.

-Mike

2. Jan 5, 2009 #2 of 48
    cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    You need to do that through the ta diagnostics, not the cc diags. And congrats on the new ta :up:.

3. Jan 5, 2009 #3 of 48
    Combat Medic

Sep 6, 2001
    San...
    Ah. Cool. Oh, and I told them about you. :)
    I was actually expecting problems and I had your name ready and I was going to tell them to call you. :D

4. Jan 5, 2009 #4 of 48
    Jimbo713

Jimbo713 CreaTiVoty!

Dec 25, 2001
    Richmond, VA
    And I JUST got a call from TWC in San Antonio to tell me that the TA's are deploying next Monday (1/12) and I can stop into any service center and pick one up. It comes with complete self-installation instructions. YES!!!!

5. Jan 5, 2009 #5 of 48
    Combat Medic

Sep 6, 2001
    San...

Advertisements

Yeah, they were going to let me pick it up, but they wanted to do the first one with a real tech.

6. Jan 5, 2009 #6 of 48
    Enrique

Enrique Well-Known Member

May 15, 2006
    Thanks for the news. I can't wait.

7. Jan 6, 2009 #7 of 48
    Enforcer

Enforcer Member

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    For the love of god the day has finally come. I'll be there bright and early monday morning. Havent received a call though.

8. Jan 7, 2009 #8 of 48
    Jimbo713

Jimbo713 CreaTiVoty!

Dec 25, 2001
    Richmond, VA
    Can anyone else in San Antonio check in on this? Did you get the call?

9. Jan 7, 2009 #9 of 48
    Raygun

Raygun New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Combat Medic, did you have to show them how to install and test it? ( ;

Are they going to charge us extra for the TA?

10. Enforcer

Enforcer Member

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Got my call today. They also gave me a phone number and contact to call if I have problems. PM me if you need the number.

11. Enrique

May 15, 2006
    I would love the number, PM sent.

12. Combat Medic

Sep 6, 2001
    San...
    I did actually. :)

They didn't touch my TiVo or the peanut. I plugged it in and drove. They made one phone call and all was well.

13. frozenbubbleboy

frozenbubbleboy New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Woohoo!!! I got my tuning adapter from the Callaghan office. Pretty much walked in & out. Now, I just need to wait until I get off work to actually install it. :(

14. jacksonian

jacksonian New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Combat Medic,
    do you have an S3 with 2 Scards or TiVoHD with an M-card?

15. Combat Medic

Sep 6, 2001
    San...
    Neither. :)

I have a TiVo HD that had been working perfectly with its single M-Card for 14 months. Then I lost TNTHD and the tech decided to swap the single M-Card for two S-Cards.

-Mike

16. jacksonian

jacksonian New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Can you check and tell me if you can tune your SDV channels with both tuners? I had my TA installed on my S3 with 2 Scards and I can only tune SDV on CC#1. I was the first install in our market and the tech said the TA could only be "paired" with one card, but that doesn't sound right from what I've been reading here.

Could you test by tuning an SDV channel, pausing it or recording it, flipping to the other tuner and trying to tune another SDV channel?

17. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    The ta's are not paired at all to the cablecards or the tivo. One ta will make the sdv channels work on both tuners. This has been pointed out to you in multiple threads. I have tested it on the S3, the HD and the XL with all possible types of cards and configurations. Sounds like your problem is your cc #2 is not paired correctly or does not have the correct billing codes on it.

18. Enforcer

Enforcer Member

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Sweet. Installed both TA's on my two Tivo HD's. The lady at the store didnt setup the TA correctly on my accounts so I had to call Roland at TWC. He did some magic and now the only problem I have is 128 (AEHD) and 134 (MTVHD) dont work on either box. They do work on the TWC box. Roland is looking into that.

FYI: it takes a while for the green light on the front of the TA to go solid. Once it does your TIVO will give you a message saying it found the TA.

One last thing. picked them up at the SP/Blanco office w/ no wait.

19. jacksonian

jacksonian New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I'm sorry, but one person replied to my question and said they didn't THINK that the TA was paired with the cards. Maybe I missed another post, if so, I apologize. I appreciate the information in your post, glad to know you've tested it. I'll let my tech know.

20. Enrique

May 15, 2006
    I picked mine up at my local office, But when I got home I saw I lost the little blue USB cord. I'm having someone see if they can get me another one. Hopefully I well mine set up before 2PM.