Tuning Adapter problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Mbayuk, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Mbayuk

Mbayuk New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Towaco, NJ

Advertisements

I have 2 Tivo premier boxes with tuning adapter supplied by my cable company. Intermittently I get a Tivo pop-up screen saying "A tuning adapter has been connected" even though one has been continually connected and working fine. When i click continue Tivo goes back to Tivo Central and I can resume what I was watching either a live broadcast or a recording. Tivo and my cable company are pointing fingers at each other. Anyone have this problem?

2. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    Do you have the Premieres on UPS's but not the tuning adapters? Could be you lose power for a quick second (Happens here sometimes) and the Tivos are staying on, but the Tuning adapters aren't, so when they come back on, it freaks Tivo out.

3. Mbayuk

Mbayuk New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Towaco, NJ
    Premiers and tuning adapters are on a UPS

4. dlramsey

dlramsey New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I'd try replacing the USB cable and/or make sure it's seated properly.

5. Mbayuk

Mbayuk New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Towaco, NJ

Advertisements

I've replaced USB cables and checked connection to no avail.

6. Quake97

Quake97 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Southeastern PA
    Since this is happening on two TiVos and two separate tuning adapters, you might be in trouble. It makes me thinks its some software in the TiVo or on the tuning adapter. If you were having the problem with just one TiVo or just one tuning adapter, it'd be easier to point fingers. Only thing I can suggest is starting the TiVo over from scratch and then see if the problem remains.

Joe

7. r11roadster

r11roadster High templar

Oct 23, 2006
    Do both units do it at the same time? if so it is likely the CableCo sending some update or reboot command.