Tuning Adapter Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Brett Boucher, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Brett Boucher

Brett Boucher New Member

Sep 5, 2020

Advertisements

Anyone having problems with their tuning adapters with the Roamio Pro? Daily, I'm missing more than a few channels. When I reboot the tuning adapter and the Roamio it fixes the problem for a day or so then it goes right back to missing channel. Assuming it was the cable card or the tuning adapter I swapped both out but the problem continues. I also have a Bolt Vox and a Premier 4 and while both suffer the problems too, they happen happen much less frequently on these TiVo's. Maybe 20 or 30 times worse on the Roamio Pro.

Anyone know anything I might try to fix it before I drive over it with my truck a few times?

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Use an outlet timer to reboot both daily?

TishTash likes this.
  3. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    Roamios (and in my experience, Premiers) having problems with TAs is redundant. As you mention, Bolts (and Edges) seem to be a better “fit.”

4. Scott9mm

Scott9mm Active Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Rural NC
    On my Plus, the TA occasionally quits working totally (with a no-TA message) and individual TA channels quit without warning. My "fix" was to un-program all TA channels and then added back the one TA channel I sometimes record. To do this, I unplugged the TA and then unprogrammed all channels I did not receive without the TA.

5. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY

Advertisements

Adding and removing channels just hides them from within the TiVo guide.

It has zero effect on the TA.

6. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    That’s not true.

There are plenty of cases of issues with Bolts/Edges and cases of success with Roamios.

The issues are due to incorrect provisioning on the cable company’s end, not the TiVo hardware.

dlfl likes this.
  7. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    Welp, you’re right: When my Edge restarts (for whatever reason), on resumption, interrupted recordings stop after a couple minutes, probably due to TA issues. Oh well.

8. Scott9mm

Scott9mm Active Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Rural NC
    In my case, the TiVo would request TA channels that didn't work. Eventually, all six TiVo tuners were "stuck" on dead channels. These were channels I never watched anyway. Reboot was only a temp fix. Unplugging the TA fixed my problem but there was one TA channel I still wanted to record. By disabling channels on the TiVo, they never got requested from the TA; problem solved. I suspect these channels were requested for "TVo Suggestion" shows

cwoody222 likes this.
  9. Tormato

Tormato New Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I noticed I was missing a bunch of channels recently too. I've been using a Tivo Bolt for 5 years. Tuning Adapter is solid yellow. Restarted TA, reseated Cable Card, nothing worked. I ran the Guided Setup twice (as seen in another thread), and it didn't seem to do anything. But later that night I found all my channels were working again. I had already started making plans to move to YouTube TV. Guess I'll put it off for now.