Tuner issues with Edge and Spectrum

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by AMS, Apr 18, 2020.

1. AMS

AMS New Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Hi,

I have been having issues with the tuning adapter not working well with my TiVo edge. Has anyone else had issues lately with this? It is next to impossible to get anyone from spectrum to help. I have tried rebooting and repairing the tuning adapter multiple times with resets of both devices. None of this has worked. Any other thoughts?

Thank you so much!!

2. lprimak

lprimak Member

Jun 30, 2019
  3. AMS

AMS New Member

Oct 16, 2019
    No, not really...I have a tech support person from Spectrum coming to house tomorrow to replace the tuning adapter...we shall see. So far, this TiVo Edge unit upgrade from my Roamio Pro has been awful.

4. lprimak

lprimak Member

Jun 30, 2019
    Success! Looks like the latest Bolt update 21.9.7.v7-USC-11-849 has resolved the issue as of today!
    Finally after 3 years!

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Wrong forum. See: Odd Audio Dropouts

6. lprimak

lprimak Member

Jun 30, 2019
    Posted here in case Edge has the same issue, which is likely

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I was quite active in the original forum for audio dropouts. Most were cured with an update that changed code causing the delay when going to live TV from a menu. Now I reseat all my TiVo HDMI connections monthly and have not had any audio problems since starting that process. I have one Roamio that connects to a TV, rather than using an AVR, and I don't touch that connection. It sometimes drops the audio.

8. lprimak

lprimak Member

Jun 30, 2019
    Your issue is different than mine. Mine has nothing to do with outputs. My issue is the tuner itself not tuning the sound in. No amount of HDMI resetting will cure that one. I could easily reproduce the problem every time as demoed with this video:

However, with the latest update, the problem I am experiencing with tuners is fixed, which is great!