Tuner adapter

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Mary leonhardi, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Mary leonhardi

Mary leonhardi New Member

Jul 2, 2017

Advertisements

Tuner adapter
    I recently stopped my cable but now I can't get any further in TiVo than "no tuning adapter "
    I want to set the TiVo up so I can see the movies that are on it but I can't get past the screen. I removed the cable card, disconnected the tuner adapter and I still can't get past this screen...
    Help TiVo wizard please !

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Might seem like a lame answer, but have you tried re-starting the Tivo after removing the cable equipment?

Also, in the settings, there might be things that need to be changed (?).

Fortunately, there are a lot of people here who know a whole lot more than I, so I look forward to them seeing your thread. :)

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just run Guided Setup for OTA only. That is accessed from Help or Channels/wrong lineup in Setup.

What model TiVo? First three digits of your TSN.

4. Mary leonhardi

Jul 2, 2017

5. Mary leonhardi

Jul 2, 2017

Advertisements

Oh yes I've tried that several times but thanks for playing...

6. Mary leonhardi

Jul 2, 2017

7. Mary leonhardi

Jul 2, 2017
    Series 4
    "746"
    I am unable to get to guided set up I can't get past the screen

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Very strange. Since you have nothing to lose, try a power up without the network and cable connected. This is just a guess.

You might start playing with kickstart codes: Miscellaneous Services from WeaKnees.com

9. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    You said "I removed the cable card, disconnected the tuner adapter and I still can't get past this screen..." which would imply it was doing this before you disconnect your cable stuff; is that the case?

Normally when this screen appears, hitting Select dismisses it until your tuning adapter is recycled. Is what is happening with you that the screen immediately reappears? Does it blank out momentarily or does it do nothing when you hit Select?

Do you still have the tuning adapter? If so, what happens when you connect it again?

(Just an aside, from your text you appear not to be a native speaker so you might be unaware, but writing "thanks for playing" every time is mildly insulting to your corespondents.)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017