Tuner 2 dead work around?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by hoyty, Dec 29, 2007.

1. hoyty

hoyty Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Sammamish, WA

Advertisements

My second tuner died on my HR10-250 a week or so ago I believe due to power outage. I have swapped cables to verify it isn't wiring or multi-switch. I rebooted and left it unplugged for over 12 hours. I feel pretty confident that it is dead at this point.

My questions now resolve around working past the issue. When I have the second tuner enabled I see both tuners available for OTA and tuner 2 dead on Sat. However if I go through guided setup and disable the second tuner it disables it for OTA as well. If I leave the second tuner enabled I get the Sat 2 info missing pop-up all the time at least on live tv, will it be there on playback as well? If I leave the second tuner enabled will it record on both tuners OTA even if it isn't working for sat?

This may force my to finally get another HR2X, but I want to finish watching what is on the TiVo first. Thanks for any pointers.

2. Scott D

Scott D Active Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Pasadena, Texas
    Can you get another used one through E-Bay or some of the TiVo links above?

3. hoyty

hoyty Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Sammamish, WA
    In theory I think I can. However I can't transfer my 1.5 TB of drives with recordings to a new one. Also if I am going to invest more in a DVR it is hard to stomach doing it with a MPEG-2 only one.