Tuesday from hell: 5/22

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by murgatroyd, May 16, 2007.

1. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA

Advertisements

8-10 PM is looking like a train wreck on my To Do Lists.

Dancing with the Stars results show on ABC
    Veronica Mars 2 hrs on CW
    NCIS on CBS

don't know if House has an episode on 5/22 or not

I need more than two tuners. :(

Jan

2. juanian

juanian Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chandler, AZ
    Oh yea? Thursday nights were hell nights for me. I had the following regularly all on at the same time:
    Ugly Betty
    Smallville
    Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
    Survivor (now finally ended, but what about that new pirate reality show?)
    The Office

Plus, other specials would also appear in that time slot. Painful!!!

3. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Surely you have a friend that can be talked into throwing a Dancing party, even if it's just you and them. Bring snacks, watch there live, and record the rest.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    No, it doesn't. The next episode (the season finale) is on 29 May.

5. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006

Advertisements

What? House went through the 8 weeks or so of all brand new episodes? Wow, that was so quick.

Edit: I just looked at my Tivo's To Do list and it seems as though there is not even a repeat episode slated for that slot... at least that is what my Tivo is believing right now.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Believe your TiVo. On 22 May at 9PM ET is the first episode of On the Lot, a filmmaking reality show.

7. jgaermom

jgaermom Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Obviously you need 4 tivos in the house like we have :)

8. Zrealm

Zrealm New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Yep - amazing how quick it flies with new episodes and springtime :)

Top Secret, Fetal Position, Airborne, Act Your Age, House Training, Family, Resignation, and finally The Jerk.

9. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I should have known that. Thanks for reminding me I need to adjust that season pass.

10. juanian

juanian Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chandler, AZ
    I noticed that the Fox Reality channel is showing multiple episodes of "On the Lot".. For instance, on 5/27, it is showing at 3 PM/4 PM, and 6 PM/7 PM, each show 1 hour, but the first episode showing on Fox is 1 hour, and the other is 35 minutes.

11. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    NCIS is on at 8 PM and Dancing with the Stars doesn't start until 9 PM, so they can be on the same TiVo.

Since there is no episode of House, TiVo #2 can then record the back-to-back Veronica Mars episodes.

So I guess I'm okay after all. I need to cross-check the Recording Histories to figure out why I thought I was hosed in the first place.

Jan

12. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    May I strongly recommend The Futon Critic for all of your scheduling needs?

13. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Thanks!

I knew about The Futon Critic, of course -- but I had not seen the listings page before.

:up: :up: :up:

I wonder if my Guide Data had originally been showing Dancing with the Stars from 8-10 with the Batchelor at 10, and then later ABC swapped them. Oh, well, problem solved. Rats, there goes my excuse to buy a third TiVo. ;)

Jan

14. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Futon has had the listings guide for quite some time, but they finally got smart and moved it to the home page with their last redesign. I have 4 tuners, 2 DTiVos, so I don't usually worry about conflicts anymore. Still, the watch Dance live party was a good idea, no?

15. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    It was a fun idea. ;)

Jan

16. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    I have three TiVos in the house including a DTiVo so I have four tuners at my disposal to handle these situations. As things worked out this season, I didn't need them. There were never more than two shows on in any one time slot for me. It's still useful to have a cable backup when DTV is hit by rain fade.

As for The Futon Critic, I use their reviews of new shows to decide what to give a look-see for the new season. Then once I start watching a show, I put it on "My Shows" list. That way I can always see what is happening with all of them from a single page. They still don't lists shows for all the cable networks or even PBS.

I may need all the tuners next season as I'm only losing The Class and Studio 60 from this years lineup. Then again, I'm just about burned out on 24.

17. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    Note that there are two separate episodes of Veronica Mars, at 8:00 and 9:00 ET. So if you're checking your To Do list, make sure it's in there twice (if that's what you want, of course).

18. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Yes, they're both on there.

Futon Critic says:

Jan

19. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    Cool. Kinda works out that House isn't on that night. Strange, though, for a regular prime-time show to wrap up the season after Memorial Day. Well, unusual anyway.

20. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    House gets repeated on Fridays two weeks after the original air date. That's when I get mine.