TUBI App Icon Missing

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by John9871, Aug 15, 2019.

1. John9871

John9871 New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Tivo Bolt OTA
    Software Version: 21.9.1.v14-USC-11-849
    --------------

I noticed this a couple days ago when I went to watch TUBI. The app icon is missing from the APP page. I was only able to select/deselect the box in "add & manage apps" section. I found one work around to accessing the TUBI app. That was to add a shortcut to home (settings>user preferences>home shortcuts).

I did all the basic troubleshooting while on phone call with tivo support. I even did a factory reset (wiped all my recordings and settings, and still did not fix it) All other apps have icons to select and are accessible. The only problem is the missing TUBI app icon.

Anyone have a fix or is having the experience as me?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I still have it on my TE4 Roamio. I do remember last week Tubi was a Goldstar app on my TE3 Roamio. Perhaps when it was removed from the TE3 box someone screwed up and killed it on some TE4 boxes.

Tell TiVo. I would use Twitter or Chat here: Tivo Customer Support Community

3. John9871

John9871 New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I called Tivo Customer Service back today. They acknowledged that there was a problem and several other people have contacted them about missing APP icons. They told me they are working on it and will contact me via email with a solution when it is worked out.

4. paully65

paully65 Member

Feb 20, 2002
    DC
    I have the tubi icon on my vox.

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I have it on my basic Roamio. It was added to my favorites today for some reason.

6. George Junior

George Junior New Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Looks to be happening on my BOLT OTAs only. Can workaround by either using the Voice button OR setting Tubi as one of the Home Shortcuts.

7. John9871

John9871 New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Update: While calling in about the pre-roll ads issue, I also asked to address again the missing Tubi app ICON. They said they will escalate, this problem again, to a higher level tier and send a email when resolved.

It also looks like they tried to downgrade/ change my software version because it is now changed from v14 to v4. Software version: 21.9.1.v4-USC-11-849

Problem still exists.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's not widely distributed: TiVo 21.9.2.v4 USC-11-849

9. otauser

otauser New Member

Oct 10, 2019
    today is August 10 and still not finding Tubi App on Tivo Bolt OTA. Called customer service today and they said they are working on problem and will send me email when action completed. This was similar to reply in late September. It should not take that long to correct this problem. One work around is to add Tubi as an app from Menu - Settings - User Preferences - Home Shortcuts.

10. John9871

John9871 New Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Update: I keep opening support emails. They keep closing them and tell me to force a network connection and do a full factory reset of my Tivo Bolt. It does not work. All it does it make you set everything up again and you lose all your recordings.

I do not think they are working on a fix and are focusing only on Tivo+.

11. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I tried watching an old movie on TUBI a while back and there was a commercial every 5 minutes. I found the Movie on Youtube and there were no commercials. I'm not using TUBI anymore. The main reason I bought a Tivo was to skip commercials.

12. Wigohwt

Wigohwt Member

Jun 9, 2019
    With the release of the Edge, there's been many an issue to work on to keep them busy.