TS4K Remote Cannot Turn On TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by nlam, Dec 17, 2020.

1. nlam

nlam New Member

Dec 17, 2020

Advertisements

I just setup my TS4K with my Samsung TV. It’s powered by the USB port behind the TV. I was able to use the remote to turn off my TV, but when I tried to turn on the tv using the remote, it won’t turn on, and the remote light flashes yellow. I had to ultimately use the original tv remote to turn on the tv. Anyone have similar issue?

2. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Most likely the USB port is shutting the ts4k down and not powering it in standby so the hdmi cec command isn’t received and sent to the tv to power on.

Have you set up the tv in the remote section of the ts4k to also control it via IR?

3. blackngold75

blackngold75 Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    If the TS4K hasn't updated itself for the first time, you might want to make sure a Software Update happens. I had some remote control issues until the TS4K software updated - then problem solved.

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    The remote is IR too. It shouldn't have to rely on the TS4k in any way to turn on the TV via IR.

Did you try setting up the remote manually for your TV? Don't know the nuances of th remote in regards to it turning on the TV via IR or via interacting with the TS4k to turn on the TV. Not sure if it was ever clarified anywhere. But the remote does have IR so it should work on its own.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

5. sssSMOKING

sssSMOKING New Member

Jan 22, 2020

Advertisements

Most TV have many codes. I had the same issue and keep trying different codes until I found one that worked everything on the TV. Be sure batteries are good, crazy things happen when they get a little old/weak. I would also use a good grade of batteries.

6. nlam

nlam New Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Interestingly for the past 2 days it has been working just fine. I was able to turn on the TV without any issues. Will see how long this will last. Thanks for everyone’s help!

7. sssSMOKING

sssSMOKING New Member

Jan 22, 2020
    Keep us informed on the outcome. This is very similar to some of the issues I had. Work fine for a couple of days then not. Ever since I put good Duracell battery no problem for over a month.