Trying to record show to remote Premiere using guide, how?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by atomarchio, Apr 28, 2015.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006

Advertisements

I have 2 Tivo Premieres' connected to my home network in family room and bedroom.

I am tying to record a show from my family room Premiere to my bedroom premiere using the guide.

However, I can't get it work. I goto the other Tivo on the screen but when I press the guide it only records to the local Tivo.

What I am missing here? Please help. Thanks.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    I just use the app to do this. Though, i believe there is a way. Did you just search for the solution here?

3. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I can't seem to find that I am looking for.

I want to be able to use the guide to record a show to another Premiere in the same house.

Perhaps that feature I want is not available. Hoping someone can clarify.

4. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    On your family room Premiere, go to My Shows and select your bedroom Premiere. Start streaming a show on your bedroom to your family room. Press Guide and find the show you want to record. Press record. Select "OnePass & other options." The screen should now show the show information with your bedroom Premiere at the top. Select "Record this episode." The "OK" pop up should show that it's set to record on the bedroom Premiere.

5. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006

Advertisements

I forgot you have to actually be streaming a show before pressing the guide button! I selected the bedroom DVR but was not streaming anything.

You would think they would provide some on-screen instruction to explain that.

Thank you!

6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It's not an actual supported feature, it's an undocumented function at some point it may even stop working. I've found that the iOS app is far better for managing multiple boxes and recordings myself.

7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I actually will use the iOS app on my iPad while watching something on the TiVo in my family room....I'm sure many others do, too.

8. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    No you do not have to be streaming a program from the other TiVo. You just must enter it's now playing list, then press guide press info on the program, explore it then you can record it.