Trying to order Comcast right now

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by zackangelo, Aug 10, 2007.

1. zackangelo

zackangelo New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Just thought I'd share. On hold with Comcast, trying to order service. They're refusing to sell me anything but basic cable because they say my Series3 isn't compatible with digital.

2. Hexerott

Hexerott New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Time to get on a 3-way call with Tivo.

3. Ishma

Ishma New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    For sure... I would also ask to talk to a supervisor

4. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    LOL!

Call again.

5. zackangelo

zackangelo New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Was on the phone with Comcast for over an hour just trying to order cable. Even the tier-2 CSR insisted that I couldn't get digital cable with cable cards. I finally convinced him just to submit my order and I'll change it later if things don't work out.

I thought I was out of the woods, then I dropped by a store to pick up the cards. After waiting in line for 30 minutes, I had to have the same argument all over again. I was standing at the counter for another 30 minutes (with a line of angry people behind me) trying to convince the woman not to take HBO off my order because "you can't have premium channels with CableCards". ARGHHH...

Well, I brought it home, called the number, she hit the cards and told me it'd be 24 hours before they work. I don't have DSL at my place yet, so I won't know if they're actually working or not until I can repeat the guided setup.

6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    If you set it up previously for analog cable, you can manually tune digital channels to see if you get them.

7. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    I'm sure this will come as no surprise to you, but this statement is wrong too. :)

Assuming that she has properly paired and validated the cards, you should see your authorized channels within minutes of a hit. The "it can take 24 hours" statement is either ignorance or deliberate mis-information to get you off the phone.

(In theory, it COULD take up to 24 hours, but if it does, the cable company has a far more serious service problem on its' hands :rolleyes: )

8. zackangelo

zackangelo New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Unfortunately, I was using OTA before.

I was also charged a $100 deposit when I picked up the cards, does this jive with everyone else's experience?

9. landrvr1

landrvr1 New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    Haha, dude that's totally bogus. I'd call Comcast Customer Service and ***** about that. There's zero deposit fee that I've heard of.... The only thing that could possibly make sense in that respect is if you have a bad payment history with Comcast.