Trying to find a Hallmark movie

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Prettydarkeyes, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Prettydarkeyes

Prettydarkeyes New Member

Jul 22, 2018

Advertisements

I saw this in 2017 but it may have been made in previous years. Don’t know any actors in the movie.

The female lead is happily engaged and returns to her hometown to celebrate Christmas

She runs into her childhood neighbor who is generally considered the town doofus, but who lends a hand everywhere, ie, plays Santa at children’s hospital, assists as school janitor, et al. He doesn’t seem to have a real job.

I recall disliking this guy because he reminded me of a loony Jerry Lewis type

There is some crisis that this guy resolved and proves himself to be responsible, generous and caring.

I remember absolutely loving this film and if you can help me out I’d so appreciate it.

Thank you!!

2. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Some of those aspects are in so many Hallmark movies. :)

mattack, alpacaboy and Prettydarkeyes like this.
  3. Prettydarkeyes

Jul 22, 2018
    I should mention that very few people in the movie liked this character, they pretty much treated him like the village idiot.

That’s why this film was so surprising

4. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
  5. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015

Advertisements

Could you identify the male lead or female lead

6. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yeah perhaps if we can narrow it down to starting Danica McKellar or Lacey Chabert or both we can get a little closer.

7. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  8. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    FWIW you missed "peak xmas movies" in Hallmark around July 4th where one of the Hallmark channels literally did a xmas in July week of all xmas movies.
    I'm sure it was one of the billion they broadcast that week ;)

9. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I can't place it, and I've seen soooo many of them.

Village idiot - I also thought of "Surprised By Love" like rharmelink.
    But not Christmas, and she's already home.

Played Santa - I just saw "Marry Me At Christmas" where he plays Santa. But he's not a goof. He's a highly successful actor that everyone idolizes. She's already home - never left small town.

Runs a Children's charity - OMG, so many... "Hearts of Christmas" - no one likes him. But because he's a budget cutter at a hospital, not a goof. He does have a Children's program though...

Happily engaged, and returns to home town.. omg, that's like 1/4 of them! Actually, I take that back, I guess "already engaged" is more rare. Usually, she's waiting for Boyfriend-1 to propose, and he proposes in the second to last act, witnessed by the Lead-Male, who assumes that she said yet, but she really breaks up with BF-1. So... okay, starting "engaged" might actually narrow it down...

But sadly, I can't think of one that hits all the checkboxes. I suspect pre-2017 though.

10. Prettydarkeyes

Jul 22, 2018
    Thank you, everyone! It IS Surprised by Love!

Found it this morning - thank you to all of you for your help!!

11. Prettydarkeyes

Jul 22, 2018
    It's Surprised by Love!!

Thank you, thank you!!

12. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Ok, I gotta ask - rharmelink's reply says it has nothing to do with Christmas but your original question says it takes place at Christmas and the guy plays Santa.

I'm so confused.

13. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    FYI - It's airing on Hallmark Channel on Sunday, July 29, at 7:00 AM / 6:00c and Sunday, August 26 at 11:00 AM / 10:00c

Surprised by Love | Hallmark Channel

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Mikeguy likes this.
  14. Thom

Thom The Fatman's got his eye on you, kid

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    Maybe the original poster happened to watch it at Christmas time and...