Trying out the Stream

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by bradleys, Sep 5, 2020.

1. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

It looks like I am a new cord cutter and looking for the best platform. All my TiVo’s are packed up and it is a really tough transition after a few decades with TiVo.

I started with an Apple TV and one month Subscriptions to both YouTube TV and Sling Blue - just to figure out what will work best for me.

I have been using mostly in YouTube Tv and I kind of hate the overall experience. The Apple TV remote is cute, but not really practical- I am all over the place with the track pad. And don’t leave the damn remote in the bed, you will never find it!

So I thought I would give the TiVo 4K a try... Nice, familiar remote with physical buttons and a live guide! Excited about that.

should show up tomorrow, so I will post my thoughts

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  2. SATXTom

SATXTom New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    San...
    That Apple TV remote is a crime against humanity.

3. jaselzer

jaselzer Active Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I have tried out ALL the mainstream streaming devices. In the end, I am slowly settling on the Apple TV primarily because it has every app I want. Just a FYI, I agree the Siri remote is devil spawn, so I use a Harmony Elite with Hub as my go to remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mschnebly likes this.
  4. Charlyc

Charlyc New Member

Aug 27, 2020
    My Panasonic TV remote works with the Apple TV out of the box. I hate that little remote!!