True Blood, "Scratches," 6/28

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jpcapili, Jun 29, 2009.

1. jpcapili

jpcapili New Member

May 13, 2009
    California

Advertisements

new monster. another great episode! new episode in 2 weeks!

2. packerfan

packerfan Elk Whisperer

Jan 7, 2002
    Titletown
    I'm always disappointed when the credits start to roll for this show. I can't believe how fast it goes by. So what was up with the blond chick at the end of the show? Is she the monster?

3. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I am pretty sure she is being controlled by it. She was scarred by what appeared to be the same thing that left marks on Sookie. I'm just guessing though. I am so glad I have decided not to read the books. This is so much better guessing rather than knowing. :D By the way, Sookie looked good in those short shorts laying on that table. Minus the scratches.

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Loved the crabby ass little doctor and her exit line.
    And yay Eddie is back!

Eric and Pam ("Can I kick him?") are still my favorite couple what with the "lazy but loyal" and the fabulous pumps. And Eric hungering over Sookie's back? Ooh, baby. I always have to rewind his scenes because I get stuck on just watching him and forget to pay attention to the plot. And happy to see that the chemistry with Sookie is heating up.

Jessica is fast becoming another favorite ("I'd die if I wasn't already dead") and she and Hoyt are adorable together. She's a minor, Hoyt.

Lafayette was heartbreakingly broken.
    Sam and Dean are the ultimate buddies :D

Is Maryann the minotaur?
    Is it a minotaur?
    Is Carl the pig?

Will Jason fall for the whipped out pudding? Or the whipped out pudding's husband?

5. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN

Advertisements

Oh we already know he is going to sleep with the the pudding. The question is are we taking any bets as to how many episodes before it happens. I'll go with the episode after next. :D

6. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    Love this show, and it does go by way too quickly. Still not sure why Sookie is so important to Eric and company, I guess her mind reading skills are very unique.

Also interesting that Eric has been alive(err dead?) >1000 years and hasn't seen/heard of that minotaur thing :)

7. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    The creature looked like something out of Pans Labyrinth.

Jessica looked incredibly beautiful in this episode.

8. IDSmoker

IDSmoker Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I'm glad to see the appearance of Dr. Ludwig!

Between her acerbic style, mystery about her nature (still not revealed as of the latest book), and frequency of appearance (it seems like someone in the supernatural community is always getting injured in these books! :D), she's one of my favorite 'bit-players' from the books.

+1 on both!

Glad to see Jessica has more than just the one, incredibly annoying, note to her character. Wonder if this means we'll finally get to see her naked (and Hoyt perhaps, for those who prefer Jason to Sookie's love scenes).

9. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Just when you thought that Tara couldn't get any more unlikeable, they make her uptight too.

10. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    She's 17, right? What's the law in Louisana?

11. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    "law in Louisiana"? talk about an oxymoron....

12. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    No kidding. My wife and I were just commenting about what a fun party they were having and then Tara had to go and do that. If I was Eggs, I'd have gone right back to the hot tub and forgot about Tara.

13. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Really!? Tara is one of my favorite characters. I think she's about the most believable character on the show, and she's the only one who(as far as we know) is not lying about something or hiding some agenda.

And I'm totally sure any girl I ever dated would have had pretty much the same reaction if I had snuggled up to some naked stranger for a backrub at a pool party. I KNOW my wife would frown on it....

14. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    You're dating the wrong girls. ;)

15. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Apparently, but it didn't seem like it at the time.:)

16. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I notice that the cited law is consipcuously absent of any mention of vampires however. :p

18. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Vampires don't age, right? She's going to look like that forever?

Seems to me that people this season are having a harder time telling vampires and humans apart than they did last season. Maybe it's just my imagination. I thought everyone knew Bill was a vampire as soon as he walked in to Merlotte's.

What happens when a vampire tries to eat or drink something other than blood?

19. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
  20. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    According to "Let The Right One In", they get sick and throw up. And that was just from one bite to take a taste.
    That movie also answers what happens when a vampire enters a home without being invited.
    They start to bleed to death.