True Blood S04E03 "If You Love Me, Why Am I Dyin'?" 10 July 2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Amnesia, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Some interesting things. Anyone else notice the author of the book that Sookie was reading at the end? Pretty funny.

My big question was why Eric would build a ladder into his hidden room. He can fly.

And who is that witch/spirit/person/whatever that the head witch was trying to contact? Clearly she's the one who seemed to fade in and out when she took away Eric's memories, but is she a person? A fairy? At first I thought a fairy, but now Sookie's connection to the fairy realm seems to be gone...

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I hate this Eric. But he is funny. I LOL when he called Sookie, Snookie!

3. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I was rather surprised to see Claudine get killed off.

4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Yebbut- his wingspan is much larger than the dimensions of that hatch ;)
    It's what I love about him :up:

But seriously, so Sookie can visit clean down there, why else? :D

5. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    Best line

You killed my fairy god-mother!

sorry...

6. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    I thought this episode was better, but will admit that I did find myself almost grabbing the remote to FFWD the Tara and Werepanther scenes.

Z

7. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    who knew that every man's fantasy could play out so badly?

8. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I am not liking what they are doing to Jason. I hope there is a payoff for it because right now that storyline is just boring. And I have always liked his character and his storylines usually.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Alexander Skarsgård is amazing. He was amazing in Generation Kill, he was differently amazing in True Blood, and now he's even more differently amazing in True Blood.

10. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    And he has an amazing wingspan :D

[​IMG]

11. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    I've never once fantasized about being gang raped :)

Z

12. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    A Boy and His Dog.

13. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Or fang raped as I think it was called in this episode...

Damn funny stuff, Snookie, and killing my fairy godmother!

14. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    It's interesting that they killed off Claudine since she plays a bigger part in the books. Who was in the reflection with the witch? Was that Claudine or was it someone else?

15. Cearbhaill

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I was looking forward to meeting Claude and most especially Niall, and had already fantasy-cast Ian McKellen as G-grandpa Fairy. And if I had a mega wish it would be a flashback of Fintan and Gran's affair.
    The fairies in the books were a million times more interesting.

16. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I seems kind of like unnecessarily burning bridges to kill Claudine. Unless it has some point more than just the fairy godmother line. There's such a difference between True Blood and Game of Thrones. They're both really good books, but the GoT show follows the books almost exactly. I think they would be better off if they had done that with True Blood.

17. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    well when you put it that way...

18. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    See I actually like Tara now. I was never as much of a Tara hater as everyone else seemed to be, although I guess I could see it. I always liked her storylines because it was like "what other kind of f***ed up s*** could POSSIBLY happen to this chick?" and they never failed to deliver. It's like Kim during season 2 of 24. I loved it! It's just the worst luck of all time. I like that this season started with her being totally separated from Bon Temps and having a great life but now getting dragged into things again just because she happened to be there. I think she's gonna kick some ass this go around instead of screaming/crying/eyebrow twitching...

I think this is one of those "slow build" stories. I'm usually very ambivalent about TB early in the season because everything is kind of slow but I've learned that everything has a point and will all come together in a way I'm satisfied with. I actually feel bad for Jason--this is like the ultimate cautionary tale of "be careful who you date"... I will admit that the hot-shot stuff is out there.

But isnt following the books "exactly" kind of pointless? Like with GoT, doesn't it take away some of the suspencse if it's so close to the book and you know who dies, when they die, how storylines resolve, etc? Never saw the show so I have no idea, I'm just saying in general. If you've read the TB books I'd think the show would be cool because it's a different take so you don't always have that blue print of where it's going.

I was thinking him feeding from Claudine would change the game a bit because now he can walk in the day light, but then I remembered that was only for a little while. But maybe because he drank so much it'll be different? I thought he was hysterical in this episode.

By the way, Jessica is one of the hottest characters on TV right now. Chick is on fire... I also loved that the doll from the season finale made it's reappearance. I wonder what the deal is with that since it seems it doesn't want to leave the house they're in.

Also wasn't Bill sleeping with the lawyer chick in the last episode when Sookie walked in on them finishing up, or did I imagine that?

19. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I think that was the witch spy.

20. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Exactly. It was two different women.

It's good to be the King. :)