True Blood - OAD 7/31/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by heySkippy, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Aug 2, 2011 #1 of 42
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    What, no thread? Is it time for an All-Season True Blood thread? :eek:

Just kidding!

Anyway, tons of stuff going on. Tommy surpassed even himself in the screw-up department. I figured he would turn into Sam, but it sure got ugly fast.

Not sure what to think of Bill just letting Eric go. Pam too. That witch sure has the vamp's number. All she's got to do is give them the evil eye and pow! I'm guessing the 'thing' that flew into Lafayette's mouth will be what ultimately does battle with the witch, through him.

And Jason's not going to be a panther? :confused: That seems like an odd thing for Crystal and Felton to be wrong about.

Kind of a muddled season at this point. Fun, and I'm glad the Fae have been left behind, but where's it going? Mainly I'm wondering if the baby has anything to do with the witches.

2. Aug 2, 2011 #2 of 42
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Tara's lesbian kiss
    could not beat Sookie's nekkidness.

Except that Sookie had a giant naked viking vampire on top of her. Oh well, the good with the bad.

3. Aug 2, 2011 #3 of 42
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It was amusing where Jason's Happy Place was when Jessica was trying to calm him down. :D

4. Aug 2, 2011 #4 of 42
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Two places.

I started watching this show last year. Does every guy wear his pants below his pelvis? I guess that's appealing for the female and gay male audience when they take their shirt off and their pants' waistline is halfway to the man region but I keep thinking "Why don't you pull your damn pants up?"

5. Aug 2, 2011 #5 of 42
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Yes. You are right, you are new to this show. :D

6. Aug 2, 2011 #6 of 42
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Enjoying it but way too many storylines going on. They need to back down and just focus on some points. Could easily get rid of Tara we know Bon Temps is bizarre we don't need your girlfriend showing up and you explaining that to her. Sam and his brother could be gone at this point as well and just use those morphing characters as you need them from time to time.

7. Aug 2, 2011 #7 of 42
    jakerock

jakerock Hey ho howdy!

Dec 9, 2002
    Lee, NH
    I will not fear as I gaze in the valley of...

8. Aug 2, 2011 #8 of 42
    Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    If I could I would....

I think the female changer is so freaking hot.

I don't like the Tommy character at all. I just don't get his motivation. Just a waste of space to me.

Glad we are keeping the lesbian angle. With the queen dead, we had to get another started up.

9. Aug 2, 2011 #9 of 42
    Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Sam Trammell gets my :up: :up: :up: for the job he did portraying Tommy as Sam- that was awesome. He had the walk, the posture, the speech cadence, the attitude- everything. I was very impressed, even though I have a hint of suspicion that there was some mixing going on in the actual voice department at one teeny point.
    And yay firing Sookie :D
    Do waitresses ever really wait in this show?

And yeah, there are too many storylines.
    LaFayette has been reduced to a ridiculous sidekick in story I couldn't care less about.
    Tara is absofreakinglutely useless and needs to go away.
    Alcide, Debbie Pelt and the new packmaster do not interest me at all.
    Hotshot and werepanthers can be done now unless Jason sired a litter or two.
    His chemistry with Jessica rocks, though.
    Evil baby is silly although I loved that Terry rescued his armadillo Felix from the fire.

King Bill is far more fun now, and broody Emo King Bill in the moonlight is the best he has ever looked.
    Sookie going off on Bill was excellent and Pam's description of him as " a self loathing, power hungry, pompous, little dork" was right on as well as hilarious.

I was disappointed in the Sookie/Eric sex and hope they do the book shower scene when they get home from the woods. That was excellementé!
    I did cry a little when Bill had Eric on his knees and Eric talked about loving Sookie enough to want whats best for her and how "he was born the night she found him". Gah.

Good to have a real 60 minute episode, too.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    At least until somebody realizes he's the Big Gun in that storyline...

11. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I have a feeling Pam killed Tara's girlfriend. I also don't think we'll see the panther group anymore. That seems like a wasted storyline that the writers knew was not going anywhere so they cut it off quickly.

I like the Sam and his brother storyline. Of course, if these were "real" people, the new girlfriend would believe Sam when he eventually tells her that it wasn't him. She knows what a fleshwalker is. But this is TV, so she won't. (Or maybe Sam won't tell her because telling her means admitting that his brother killed his mother). I also couldn't tell if the voice of "Tommy as Sam" was Tommy or Sam. Well done.

When there's a sex scene and the man is better looking than the woman, you know you're watching a show for women. But I'm all in anyway.

12. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Which sex scene was this? :confused:

13. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    If they ever get around to it.

Any on True Blood.

14. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    The Sookie/Erik one.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm sure they will. This tends to be a pretty tightly-plotted show, and the fact that LaFayette was the power source behind what the witches did to Eric and Pam is pretty frikkin' central to this season!

16. jtonra

jtonra Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Wilmington,M...
    I think I missed something about this fleshwalker thing. What is a fleshwalker and how did Sams brother become one?

17. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I might be using the wrong word.

A fleshwalker (or whatever the word is) is a shapeshifter who can shapeshift into other people. You become one by a) being a shapeshifter, and b) killing a member of your family that is also a shapeshifter.

Right at the beginning of the "previously on True Blood" this week, they use the other fleshwalker explaining this as a voiceover to footage of Tommy killing his mother.

18. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I agree that Sam Trammell was fantastic as Tommy!Sam. The voice and mannerisms were spot on. And funny. Especially when he fired Sookie, that part was the best. And then promoted Jessica.

Didn't we cover this in the last episode thread? :p

In this show, the man is ALWAYS better looking than the woman! :D

I didn't even realize there was a woman in that scene. All I could see was Naked Amesiac Viking Vampire. :D

Anyway, as much as I think ASkars is killing it as Amnesia Eric, I am really starting to miss Badass Eric and hopes he comes back soon. Sookie is kidding herself, and should have listened to her Gran.

It's cute and all, but I was starting to agree with Pam when she shouted at him: Eric, Snap the F out of it!! I need Eric and Pam, the dynamic duo back together, doing what vampires do. She needs his help to recover her face.

ETA:
    Ha! You really *are* new to this show. Who do you think watches this show? This is the Amazing Hot Stud Vampire Hour with All Naked Men All the Time, so get used to it. There is a shortage of shirts and belts in Bon Temps, and the shifters are constantly stripping down. Only Bill appears to be fully clothed on a regular basis. And the women of course.

19. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    Best Line was Jason telling Sookie what he was good at,lol

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And Sookie's "Huh, OK, let's go with that" expression in response.