"True Blood": First 8 minutes of the beginning of Season 4

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS* *SPOILERS*

2. TBoons

TBoons I dunno

Dec 27, 2003
    FL
    Meh...

Reminds me of the Power Rangers.

3. nexter

nexter New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    lol I knew it reminded me of something, and I think thats it! :D

4. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    At least Sookie is not as stupid as usual. Can anyone watch that without screaming at the screen, don't eat the damn apple!

5. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    I hope that we only see 8 mins of fairy land the entire season.

6. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    Why? Is fairy land a hated thing?

7. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Yeah we love sookie and hate fairy land.

8. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    yeah, looked pretty cool with the fairies really just ugly things with their own issues and powers... kind of want to see that queen fairy go up against a vampire with her fairy bombs!!

9. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Mab did not seem like she would be much trouble for a vampire. Even Sookie was able to knock Mab back. And those fairy bombs would not be much use against a vampire who can just move out of the way at high speed.

10. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    true, but would be fun to see a fairy vampire battle :)

11. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    I thought it was cool as Hell and absolutely CANNOT WAIT till June 26!!!ALSO, I just read that right after the premier of the first episode, those with HBOGO will be able to view THE ENTIRE SECOND EPISODE!!!!!! OMFG!!! I'm not sure that I'll be able to handle all this TRUE BLOOD! I hope I can!! :D

12. nexter

nexter New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    for the watching a week early thing, I did that with GoT, and honestly regretted it cause it ended on a cliffhanger and all that meant was I now had to wait 2 weeks instead of 1 :p , hope I can resist watching true blood a week earlier

13. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    I never thought of that...All I was thinking of was two NEW hours of TB, IN A ROW!!! :)

14. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Well, that's a complete departure from the books. I figured that this would be the season of Faery. Looks like they're changing quite a bit from the books now.

For example (from the books to the current book)
    Her grandfather was not Fae. Gran had a couple of affairs with one of the Fae. It was why her grandmother had children. Otherwise, Gran couldn't conceive with her hubby. Gran knew that she had been with one of the Fae, but didn't know that he came to her on more occasions, in disguise. A Faery disguised himself as Sookie's grandfather, so he could be with Gran more often.

Sookie's Faery godmother was assigned by Sookie's great grandfather (of the Fae), to keep watch over Sookie. Mab was no where in the books.

Also, Sookie never went into the Fae realm. Vampires never went into the Fae realm. They do love to feed on the Fae, and the Fae are dying off (not all due to Vampires).

While this is a spoiler from the books, it isn't much of one. All the Fae are supposed to be beautiful to look at. They have to dim their beauty to humans. The hooked nose and ugliness makes no sense.

15. FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Active Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    Yawn.

This show's only worth watching for the Hoyt/Jessica moments, which are too few and far between. The rest is just filler.

16. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    As much as I love Jess/Hoyt, the 8 minute preview PROVES otherwise...