True Blood 8/29/2010 "Fresh Blood" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Demandred, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US

Advertisements

Eric's plan just doesn't seem very smart to me. Won't he die before Russell? He's been out there longer. And as soon as he dies, Russell can fly himself to a shady spot and survive.

Other than the absurdness of that plotline I liked it. :)

Interested to see Jason and the meth-cooking were-panthers vs. the FBI.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm not entirely sure that Eric cares whether he "lives" or dies. He just wants the revenge he's sought for a thousand years, regardless of the cost. And he's been pretty brainless in his pursuit of it.

Fortunately for him, I'm sure the writers care a great deal and will find a way. :D

3. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I don't think Russel would be able to fly away. He is extremely weakened from the sun starting to burn and kill him. I would think in that kind of weakened state it would be hard for him to fly away with another body attached to him.

4. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    But if Eric dies in the sun, he turns to dust; at least that what happened to Godric. So Russell wouldn't have to contend with another body.

5. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...

Advertisements

Don't forget that Russell also has a silver handcuff on that is weakening him too. That's why he can't get away from Eric now.

6. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Once again, Jessica has the best part of the episode. Her telling Hoyt about the trucker was some genuinely good acting.

7. nrrhgreg

nrrhgreg Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Godric told Sookie that the older a vampire is the quicker it dies in the sun. Russell had started burning after bring in the sun for a shorter time than Eric was.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Which may well be how Eric survives. Russell flames out in time for Eric to get back inside.

9. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    my favorite was the pre-show memoriam to everyone who has died on True Blood.

10. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    Oh man, I sure hope Eric survives! Besides being such a hunk, he's shown some really redeeming qualities this season. Don't want to lose the character!

So glad Lafayette showed some of his usual strength in telling his boyfriend to get out.

Were-panther? Just absurd...:confused:

Cheryl

11. toddvj

toddvj New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    That was pretty awesome.

I was genuinely surprised that Eric's plan was to cuff himself to Russell. I thought he was going to double back and lock Russell out or some such.

12. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Seems an odd place to draw the line at absurd in the True Blood universe! :D

13. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Don't forget that Eric is in cahoots with Pam and Bill, who each could quite easily have taken bit of the old sunscreen cocktail.
    All they need to do is let Russell get so debilitated that Pam can drag Eric in while Bill does whatever to Russell.

They could even all go back in for the finishing of Russell so Eric could preside- they just need him 100% subdued.

14. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    I was thinking Bill comes out, stakes Russell and carries Eric inside where he drinks some more Sookie-blood.

15. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    It's not clear that there's a whole lot more Sookie left to drink.

16. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!!

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Oh, Eric!! I don't like this plan one little bit...
    I wanted him to handcuff Russell (who I'll certainly miss, terribly) to the car, or a streetlamp or something... not, to Eric! Boo Hoo!
    Bill better get out there and pull Eric back in, and quick, fast, in a hurry! I'll never forgive him, otherwise.

Even though Eric was using Sookie and Bill - I thought the scene was just wonderful. Pam and Russell crying as they watched Eric walking in the sunlight. I felt that emotion right along with them... thousands of years of only being out at night - can you just imagine?! Whew!

But, here's to hoping that they get over it... although, I can't even think of how they could. If there are other Fae out there, I hope these beloved vamps don't find them.

Oh, and in this ep I kinda like Tara with the whole Andy bit. She was strong and had an accent and everything. Now that bit with Sam - did. not. like. Ew! Sam! what is he thinking? :)

17. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Drunk p#$$7.

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, you can doubt Eric all you want, but never doubt the writers. They're not stupid enough to let him get away. :D

19. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    +1 Loved it!

+1

I'm thinking this is where they bring in the missing Eric plot line from the books after he nearly burns to death.

20. BK89

BK89 New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Oh you mean the plotline that everyone who hasn't read the books doesn't know about yet. I guess he is going to be OK. Thanks for the spoiler. :thumbsdown: