True Blood 6/27/10 "It Hurts Me Too"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

I guess she likes it rough. :eek:

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    What good is the power of not welcoming a vampire in your home when he can "glamour" you into doing so?!!

3. CorgiMom28

CorgiMom28 In search of a Title

Jan 6, 2007
    The "Freak...
    No kidding! :eek:

4. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I've really enjoyed almost all HBO series and had no problems with the realism (or unrealism), but this episode was too much for me. Just... gross.

5. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA

Advertisements

It does seem like cheating... we've seen this before, though: Bill did it to Jessica's sister when Jessica went home.

Speaking of this, they never did explain how Lorena was able to enter Bill's wife's home without being invited...

6. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    Should have kept twisting.

Z

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Damn. That was pretty twisted.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I suppose technically it was still Bill's home, and thus exempt from the invitation requirement...

9. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    This was one of my favorite shows, but not so much anymore. More effort is being used on shocking supernatural stuff than on character interaction. The show shines when it is focuses on the residents of Bon Temps. This episode (and the first) was dominated by shocking grossness. I want it to get back to where it was during season one, but it looks like that's not happening.

10. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't know. We saw Tara and Sookie make amends. We saw a part of the human side of Eric in how he interacted with Sookie this episode (what little there is). Arlene is having baby drama with Rene's love child, and Terry thinks it's his. How sad.

Also we have Jason of course, and his funny ass dream. I love his approach to taking tests. One wonders how the heck he graduated high school. I don't know, the one only real shocking moment this whole episode was the f'ed up doggy style there at the end. I still like the show as it is.

11. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Good episode except I'm not crazy about the casting choice for Alcide.

So, is Bud really going to quit? I would hate to see him go.

12. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't know but the scene made me laugh. How often is it in a fictional show you actually see a character get fed up with the crazy s*** that happens? I would quit too if all I had to show was a head full of holes and an ass full polyps. :D

13. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    That's not quite what Franklin said: he said there were no humans living in Bill's house (present time) hence he didn't have to ask permission. I think it was an oversight.

14. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I think we are all thining too hard about it. We never saw her walk into the Compton home. The invite could have happened off camera.

15. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    Her body was still missionary position :p

Z

16. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Yup. There was a gap between when she was outside holding bill's wife by the scruff and when she was later inside. Seemed like he invited her in.

17. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow. I did not predict that, uh, ending. :eek:

So we're supposed to believe there's a woman out there, ok, a werewolf woman or whatever they are called, who has chosen Cooter over Alcide? There is a lot of suspension of disbelief required for this show, but c'mon! :p

Yeah, I thought the same thing. That seems like a big cheat. Why don't all vampires just glamour their way into any house then??

18. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Heh. IIRC, there was a recent interview with Moyer when he was asked about about the upcoming season and he said, "you will see the most twisted sex scene in the history of television." I had no idea he meant that so literally. :eek:

19. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Could be she's all about the access to vampire blood :p
    BookAlcide was more suave IMO, but this one will do nicely.

Anyone else skeeved out by what was in that dirty underwear when Sam's Dad stood up from that couch? Brain bleach, please! Are we to infer anything from that little.... scene?
    Way worse than any twisted sex!!
    The whole Sam's family storyline is going nowhere good and is already transparent and boring. Get Sam and Tara back together because say what you will about the relationship it was better than either of them are doing separately.

I love all the supporting players on this show far more than I love Beel and Suckeh- Arlene/Terry (why did she lie?), Lafayette/Eric (why did he accept that car?), Eric/anybody...
    Eric is falling in love!

The Mississippi King portrays gracious malevolence far better than Sophie Ann.. he is very good. And Talbot is delicious!
    Tara should take a vacation and just hide for a bit- Franklin is creepy.
    Hate Lorena but love her wardrobe, and ten demerits to Beel for destroying that dress.

20. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Did anyone recognize the type of car that Eric gave to Lafayette?