True Blood 407 - "Cold Grey Light of Dawn" 08/07/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by getreal, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Aug 8, 2011 #1 of 58
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Things are heating up for the vamps!
    Loved the surgeon working on Pam ... LOL!
    And Ginger made another scream-fest appearance riding Pam's coffin.
    I hope Jessica survives, but she sure was sultry opening the door into the sunlight.

2. Aug 8, 2011 #2 of 58
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I was just coming to make a thread. This had to be the funniest True Blood ever. Pam being called a zombie, Ginger riding Pam's coffin, Maxine's neighbor burning and Maxine saying "she knew it!"

All good stuff.

Did Lafayette fly back from Mexico?

3. Aug 8, 2011 #3 of 58
    john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Did you catch the rest of the background dialog? Something about, "But that's just what a zombie would say! 'I am not a zombie'"

4. Aug 8, 2011 #4 of 58
    john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    On a broomstick? :D

Who do you think the woman was that he saw watching the baby? Some sort of ghost, obviously, but what does she have to do with the baby, and possibly the doll?

5. Aug 8, 2011 #5 of 58
    john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    If Jason's gun is not loaded with silver (or wood), he could shoot Jessica, and maybe she would fall back inside for a minute, giving them enough time to get to her and restrain her.

6. Aug 8, 2011 #6 of 58
    aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    If Jason's gun is loaded with wood, Jessica dies (if he shoots in the right place) or nothing happens (if he doesn't). That's not what he's after.

Silver, though, could be helpful.

Does Jason have fairy blood? That could be one way he helps her.

The Maxine's neighbor thing was funny if not unrealistic (even in this universe). How could you not know your next door neighbor is a vampire if (like Maxine) you don't have a job and are home all day? Do you never see them outside during the daytime? Might that be the first clue?

Same thought, on a more serious note, about the priests during the Spanish Inquisition. Nobody saw them during the day. Didn't anybody think that was weird?

I guess we're supposed to think the 400 year old witch is the big bad, but I'm not seeing it yet. I find myself rooting for her (even though I hated Marnie before she was taken over).

How did Bill know she was going to do the spell that day? And what was his plan if they didn't? Sleep like that every night? And how did he know that her power only extends to the state line?

And what sense could it possibly make for her to announce in advance what she was going to do?

I could totally do without the Andy Bellefleur storyline and the Jesus/Lafayette storyline.

I'm glad they let Sam's girlfriend believe Sam when he told her about Tommy instead of turning it into a drawn out soap opera angle.

7. Aug 8, 2011 #7 of 58
    john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    I said not silver (or wood). In other words, standard bullets.

8. Aug 8, 2011 #8 of 58
    john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    He did not know for certain, but it makes sense that she will try it ASAP -- she just escaped / fully manifested. And I expect he was planning to bring the fight to her once the sun sets. I doubt he thinks the state line is a barrier, but he only has the power to tell vampires to evacuate from his own state, so he has to hope that is far enough.

9. Aug 8, 2011 #9 of 58
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    He also knows how far the spell extended the last time. Wasn't it "every Vampire for 300 miles" or something like that?

10. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't think that was the range. I think by herself it was like 20 miles. I am sure with a circle she can extend that though.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Then again, the first time she was augmented by a Death Curse.

Oh, wait. Wrong series. :D

Same principle might apply, however...

12. voripteth

voripteth User Advocate

Apr 9, 2003
    I thought the best thing she could do is nothing for a week just to make the vamps suffer and then cast the spell!

13. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    Only if she can hide from the vampires for a week. Not likely. As soon as the sun goes down, vampires will be on the hunt for her. And during daylight, the mercenaries will no doubt be searching. As soon as either locate her, they should be able to send in mercenaries to kill her.

14. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    But the human spirit can't be killed.

I think this is where Lafayette comes into this story line. I think the season ends with them killing Marnie and Lafayette refusing somehow to house Antonia's soul.

15. john4200

Oct 31, 2009
    The human spirit cannot be killed but it seems there are not many vessels that can accept Antonia. You may be right that Lafayette is a possibility.

16. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    After Jason tackled the guard in the yard and I think during Jessica's crawl to the door I heard a gunshot.

I can already see the first shot of next week's episode.

17. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Awesome episode!

I bet the "council" or whatever it is called would want to hear about this witch, now!

18. tlc

tlc Active Member

May 29, 2002
    I hope Jessica "survivies". I'm expecting a full on tackle by Jason. It was easy to see this danger coming though, when Bill failed to restrain her neck.

Assuming that all vampires are not wiped out, which doesn't fit the theme of the show, it's hard to see how Tara can survive this. The other times, she could argue that she didn't know what was going on. This is attempted vampicide.

Why didn't Sookie & Eric take a trip out of state? Hell, why didn't Bill send Jessica out of state? All the vamps can rush back and support him after dark just as fast as they can heal from the silver.

19. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I will be very bummed if Jessica doesn't make it. She's what I have to look forward to while my wife is ogling vampires, werewolves, and shapechangers. Oh and not-werepanthers.

On the other hand based on the end of this episode I will also be bummed if she DOES make it, because based on the mythology she should be pretty dead. Hard to see how she could survive without it feeling like a rip-off.

BTW, I definitely heard the gunshot as well.

20. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Jessica is a straight up freak.
    Sookie is getting on my last one and can go back to fairyland.
    Eric is just too appealing to be a vamp anymore. Maybe he can drain Sookie and enjoy the day.
    Tara should help the rest of the vamps get the sun they need. (I won't happen, I know.)