True Blood 06/21/2009 "Keep This Party Going"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Shaunnick, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN

Advertisements

Andy does dance like an epileptic on meth. :up: The Jason story is a little boring for me, as is the Tara story line. Jason will sleep with super minister's wife, wait and see. ;) I am most interested in Eric and the missing vampire story and also Sam and crazy pig woman. Will Eric's hair not grow back? I though once it is cut that's a done deal with vampires. Last week I was bored with Bill and Sookie. This week was a lot more fun.

Jessica was hot in the skirt and button up. :)

2. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    What the heck is Maryann?

3. Maximus67

Maximus67 I love reef tanks

Mar 22, 2002
    Santa...
    My guess. Possible spoiler.

I'm guessing she is a witch. When Sookie read her mind, it sounded like she was chanting spells of some sort. Then when she turned Sam(?) into a dog against his will.... it all clicked

4. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Man-what a great show. I get disappointed when every episode ends.

5. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

It's really strange watching this after reading all the books.

The characters just aren't what I keep remembering, and I keep forgetting I know more about them than I'm supposed to know at this point in the story. :)

6. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm pretty sure speculation doesn't have to be spoilered. I am assuming she is some sort of succubus. She is certainly something that feeds on some form of gluttony, after the scene with all the people getting overly drunk and horny she was egging all of that on, kept feeding and order, and the imagery of her hanging out with a pig. I dunno, is there some sort of demon or spirit associated with gluttony she could be?

7. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Different vampire mythologies handle this differently- for most the vampire resumes their original state each evening when they wake up, so in that case he would have longer hair every day no matter how often he cut it.

But Skarsgård's wig provoked so much hatred among fans last year that I think this is just a vehicle to allow him to wear his real hair and be done with it.
    I am willing to let it go- he's gorgeous either way but natural is much better.

"Is there blood in my hair?"
    "Pam's going to kill me"
    “You were there, you saw it, defend me!”
    "Your associate... this PussyLover..."

I swear he has the best lines in the show, and he and Pam are absolutely the best couple!

8. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I gotta agree with Lafayette, he would be a bad-ass vampire. :)

9. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Well judging by the fact that Bills hair was comletely gone inthe last episode of the first season and his full mop of hair is back, I'd say there is nothing keeping his hair from coming back.

10. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Oh and whats the big deal with having blood in his hair, we're suposed to think that with all the blood sucking and feeding they have done in hundreds of year, that they've never gotten a little blood in their hair?

11. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    This was a great episode. A lot of "wow" stuff going on.

So, if Jessica wanted to see her parents, what is stopping her from doing so without Sookie? Vampires can basically run really really fast (or whatever it is they do), so why didn't she just go over there?

And didn't Bill go see his wife and daughter recently after he was made? He should understand the desire to do that. Speaking of that, did we ever find out what happened to the vampire who made Bill?

Did Jessica always plan on killer her father, or did she just snap when he started yelling at her?

Eric and Sookie traveling to Dallas to solve a missing vampire case sounds kinda lame.

So, did the digital TV transition not happen in Bon Temps yet? ;)

12. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Not in the middle of a dyejob. ;)

13. IDSmoker

IDSmoker Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Boise, ID
    From other sources, it seems that Maryann is a (don't look if you don't want to know!):
    Maenad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad
    Although even knowing that (and reading the link) doesn't really tell me what her powers/abilities/goals are.
    edit: whoops! sorry about that, I didn't realize that links showed through on spoilers!

+1!!!

Keeping Lafayette around as a vamp (a REAL one! :rolleyes:) opens up all sorts of possible storylines (wonder what Tara would think of her cousin's fangs?).

14. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    IDSmoker.

Links don't disappear in Spoiler tags. You might want to change that.

15. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! These Towels Are Dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. fliptheflop

fliptheflop Member

Sep 20, 2005

:D I loved that part also.

17. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Well, one problem she might have had is she maybe didn't exactly know how to get there. Her parents live in some suburb. Bill's house is in the middle of... somewhere. She might not have known how to get from Bill's to her parents. Also, we don't necessarily know how long/far they can move when going fast.

18. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    How did Sookie know how to get there?

Is Layfette dead? Having multiple feed on him is not how they turn vampires is it? Or is this so he won't belong to Eric?

Eric and Jessica need to reunite, he is so bad and she wants to be bad.

19. cditty

cditty Active Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Memphis TN
    All I know is that I am never going to LA. There is some strange crap going on down there. :D

20. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Jessica would know where she lived. Sookie would presumbly know how to get there from where they were, or at least get to the general and Jessica could take over directions. Sooke would only have to get as far as to an area that Jessica recognizes.