Troubleshooting CL-14 and GSM-11 errors from Xfinity On Demand

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by notabbott, Feb 24, 2018.

1. notabbott

notabbott New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

Hi folks,

I've seen some posts about CL-14 and GSM-11 errors when trying to use Xfinity On-Demand, but not much in the way of solutions. My question may be more specific--I've already removed the app from my TiVo Premiere XL, restarted the box, and re-added the app, I've already had Comcast come out and check signal strength, and I've already replaced the CableCARD. None of these have worked.

HOWEVER, when talking to Xfinity today, he asked if I was wired or wireless, and we sorta stumbled into the fact that I've got a third-party cable modem, and not one provided by Xfinity.

So, two questions. First, are there known solutions to this problem that I'm just not finding? And second, are there modem/gateway specifications that have to be set a certain way for XOD on TiVo to work, and if so, what are they?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    FYI, we've always had our own cable modem (SB6141 currently) and haven't had any issues with XOD.

Scott

3. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    XOD requires a specific code on your account. They still call it the Premiere code even if you have a Roamio or Bolt.

It isn't specifically a cablecard pairing issue, but the people at that number (877-405-2298) are the most knowledgeable ones to talk to.

slowbiscuit likes this.
  4. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Has absolutely nothing to do with owning your own modem, it is a specific rate code as mentioned.

In future you should visit the Comcast support forum and post a note about it, one of the reps will follow up and likely fix your issue. These XOD issues are tough/impossible for Comcast reps to fix over the phone because they don't see Tivo stuff very often. The forum reps know what to do (generally) when these happen. Or just PM Comcast_Teds, Comcast_Phil etc.

Non-X1 Service - Xfinity Help and Support Forums

5. notabbott

notabbott New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

Okay, thanks everybody. I was just going down a rabbit hole with the router because it's giving me headaches in other areas. I've reached out to Comcast over on their forums. I'll try to remember to report back if they're able to fix it.

HerronScott likes this.