Trouble Enabling Home Media Apps

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by brentrs, Aug 24, 2007.

1. brentrs

brentrs New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    So I just upgraded to a brand-new 80hr dual tuner. I have it hooked up wirelessly, with Tivo Desktop 2.5 running on my laptop. When I tried to activate the home media applications on the tivo, it just sat there saying "one moment please", until eventually jumping to live tv. I don't see any of the features I had on my 40 hr like yahoo photos and weather, I can't find Swivel Search, and although I briefly had My Photos and My Music available, those have disappeared as well. Strangely, I'm having no problem from the laptop side of things; I'm actually transferring a show as I write this. Tivo Server and the like all seem to be working fine (Windows XP, btw).

Things I've tried:
    Disabling and re-Enabling Home Media Applications
    Manually adding the server (Tivo can't find it)
    Restarting the Tivo
    Restarting the Laptop
    Unplugging every cord I can find, replugging it in, etc.

Anyways, I am stuck. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

2. brentrs

brentrs New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    I'm not sure why but my computer now appears in my now playing list, and I have access to the My Music and My Photos functions. However, still no swivel search, or anything internet related for that matter. So I'm wondering, if my Tivo can access my network and my computer, what is stopping it from accessing the internet? Very strange.

So anyone with any advice, I would surely appreciate it!

3. brentrs

brentrs New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Problem solved, just needed some patience and the "2007 Spring Update". All set now.