Trick to automatically delete manually recorded programs?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by red.panda, Jul 30, 2018.

1. red.panda

red.panda Member

Jan 7, 2017

Advertisements

I record a couple hours of radio each morning, using manual record. This can only be done through manual recording (not OnePass, etc) because the radio station doesn't have programs separated in the guide, it's just one 24-hour block of radio. As far as I can tell there is no way to automatically delete old recordings, to avoid them stacking up, but I figured someone on here might know of a trick I hadn't thought of. Thanks for your help.

2. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Does a manually-recorded program not still have the Keep-Until date? Why won't yours simply expire over time?

(On a semi-related matter, I created a repeated manual recording as a temporary measure, and now I'm finding it impossible to edit or remove -- not the recordings but the instruction itself.)

3. davidscarter

davidscarter Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Okay, this *should* work:

When you set up the manual recording, instead of choosing OK, select Modify Recording Options. There you can set the Keep At Most option to the number that you want to keep at any time. Then when you exceed that maximum, it will delete the oldest recording.

IMG_3062.JPG

4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    And for an existing one, it should be in your one pass list.

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

You should set the Season/One Pass option to "Keep at most: 1" If you only want the last recording. You can set to keep 1,2,3,5,10,25, ALL shows.

Ignore the "Keep Until:" Usually its set to "Space Needed"... which mean it will keep the show(s) until it needs the space. After the Recently Deleted folder is empty, follow by Suggestions (if enabled).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    dfreybur and chicagobrownblue like this.
  6. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Yep, all my manual news recordings have keep only 1 recording. Works great.