1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trial & Error - 7/19/18 - New OnePass needed

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by TivoJD, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Jul 7, 2018 #1 of 20
    TivoJD

TivoJD Active Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Polk Co,...
    Just FYI, the title is different from season 1 to 2 and the old one is not picking up the new season.

reneg likes this.
  2. Jul 7, 2018 #2 of 20
    Toni

Toni Member

Nov 22, 2002
    Ugh why do they do this? Thanks for the head's up. My guide doesn't go out to the evening of the 19th yet so I'll keep an eye out.

3. Jul 7, 2018 #3 of 20
    TivoJD

TivoJD Active Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Polk Co,...
    No idea, but kind of like American Horror Story where they add the name of that season to the end, so it's now Trial & Error: Lady, Killer

I'm leaving both One passes just in case.

Toni likes this.
  4. Jul 9, 2018 #4 of 20
    mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    you could just make an auto recording wishlist.

5. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Has anyone reported this to the higher ups?

I thought this show was safe because I noticed the key art change to include Kristen Chenoweth about a month ago.

6. Toni

Toni Member

Nov 22, 2002
    They changed the name of the show and that usually screws things up. Like when Survivor decides it's not called Survivor, but Survivor Ghost Island - and the 1P doesn't pick up the name change.

7. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Yikes, i almost missed this. Thankfully google on my phone alerted me it was premiering tonight. So i went looking and saw it is titled differently and needed a new 1P.

8. TivoJD

TivoJD Active Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Polk Co,...
    And now this has reverted back to the original One Pass from last year, they removed the lady killer from the title ... I guess I will keep both One Passes for a while just to be sure

9. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just discovered this show this season, so I have S02, E01 & E02 recorded. I just took a look to see that nothing is coming up. I tried searching T&E without the 'LK' part and still don't see anything coming up.

My Pass has LK in the title. So, not finding anything by stupid Rivo search, I went to next Thurs to see that it is indeed there as T&E.. So I set a new Pass and, as I always do especially with network shows, I go into the Pass Mgr to move it up and it's not there. I go back again to 'set pass' and see that, even though I found it only under T&E w/o the rest, it comes up WITH the Lady, Killer in the title. No matter how many times I try to set a Pass off of that new episode it doesn't do anything. Still nothing under upcoming, though. weird

I have to just go to each episode and choose 'record'. No other choice that's working. Oh goody - another thing to have to remember. heh

10. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Just noticed that also.

Is there a way to enter an ampersand & in a wishlist ? It has always bugged me that TiVo uses "&" instead of "and", yet there is no way to enter a &.

11. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Today I was finally able to make a new Pass w/o those extra words. Oddly, I go into my Passes, because I always move network shows up to the top for obvious reasons, and see the other Pass that has 'Lady, Killer' in it but if I put my cursor on that line it just sayas 'Trial & Error' - w/o the cursor on that line it has the whole title. This is some Twilight Zone stuff. :D

12. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I’m glad I kept the old 1P. It picked it up.

13. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    I wonder if it was because I (and possibly others) alerted Tivo to this oversight. What a mess. I don't plan on watching until the season finishes airing, so hopefully this won't be split into two different folders.

14. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Active Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up. Would've missed this week's recordings otherwise. Cannot bear the thought of having to watch on nbc.com.

15. davidscarter

davidscarter Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Alas, they are :(

16. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    They're on Hulu btw. I watched the first two eps of this season on my Tivo, then realized yesterday I should search Hulu.. it's there.. so I'll watch the rest commercial free there.

Beryl likes this.
  17. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Caught up on Hulu but now have a OnePass.

18. Welshdog

Welshdog Tivo this, punk!

Jan 3, 2005
    Austin, TX
    If you have an Xbox you can install the NBC app and log in with your cable provider to see the missed shows. We just watched season 1 this way (using my Dad's Dish login - we cut the cable last year). We had set a One Pass for the Lady Killer version OTA, got two shows and then missed two when they changed the name back - we didn't have one for the original title.

19. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    But what I meant is, if you already pay for Hulu no commercials, wait a day (or until 2AM the next day!) and watch it without commercials.. even better than skip mode!

(yes, I've said it before, the major reason I pay for Hulu no commercials is because _for me_, Tivo streaming essentially doesn't work.. if it worked more reliably for me, I'd use that instead. Since I wanted to reliably watch shows while at the gym, I got Hulu no commercials.. I _sometimes_ still download shows and watch them in VLC on the iPad that aren't on Hulu.. but rarely.)

20. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Me either but I did it. Insanely funny.