Treme "That's What Lovers Do" 6/26/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Jun 27, 2011.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...

Advertisements

"How come all you sing is cheatin' songs?"

Lt. Colson needs to get a new almost girlfriend. Toni is going to get him killed if he keeps digging where he shouldn't dig.

I didn't think this would ever happen but I kinda feel bad for Davis.

I thought Antoine turning that song into a call and response duet was cool and funny but I guess the lead singer thought otherwise.

2. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    I loved the song they played for Harley. I hate that they killed him off.

3. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    Cross posting what I posted in the main "Treme" thread (sorry for not seeing this one... "If it was a snake" as they say...):

Just watched the 6/26 episode last night. Busy first half of the week!

In the previous episode we see Harley go down, and it looks really bad, but I was hoping against hope he wasn't dead. A vain, stupid hope, I'm sure but still...

Of course, this episode answered that question in the opening scene.

As I'm sure you've all guessed, all of the musicians that played at Harly's informal remembrance service, with the exception of those who are regular characters, were real New Orleans based musicians, mostly street musicians at that. I've seen "Washboard Chaz" play several times, often on the street. He can literally be a one-man-band, with a washboard! He's awesome to watch. "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" was led by my former neighbor, Susan Cowsill making another featured appearance.

Glad to see that Sophia is shaping up. I hope she keeps it up.

Lots of locations for locals to spot in this one. The meeting between Toni and Terry was in the Bud's Broiler on City Park Avenue. The dirtiest, crapiest, looking fast food place you'll ever see, but awesome burgers grilled over actual charcoal.

Another spot was Rock n Bowl.

There were others, but they're escaping my memory at the moment...

End of cross-post. Now...

Me too. I thought she was a total prima-donna beyatch for acting the way she did.

Good riddance.