Treasure Hunters 6/26

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dthmj, Jun 27, 2006.

1. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    Once the Hanlons' are gone (probably next week), I probably will lose interest. They have got to be hired by NBC to be the biggest idiots ever. I was laughing so hard when they decided to go 80 miles for a burger...

I love the complexity of the clues - but it's just not that exciting. I also love to hate the Fogels - they are just evil.

2. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    The show is not floating my boat either. It's sad too - it had a lot of potential.

I'll probably keep watching it for a while, but I can see it turning into a snoozefest before long. I think the thing that irritates me the most is they way they interact with the host. Why can't he actually be there? And the host himself irritates me too. The guy is so robotic.

3. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    "I'm the one who made the decision to go get somethin' to eat, and I think it was the right decision." Papa Hanlon

Ummm, no dumbass, leaving the challenge part of a race to go get something to eat when you don't know exactly where the other teams are would be the single worst decision ever.

Also dumb:
    -Brown's tipping over the canoe.
    -Brown brother acting like he was drowning or something. You are wearing a LIFE JACKET you realize.
    -Hanlons sleeping in when the canoeing is obviously a strong area for them.
    -Grad Student girl twisting?? Breaking?? whatever her ankle in a hole.
    - And speaking of said injured girl, the medical attention I understand, but they gave her crutches!!!!!!!!!!! The decision should be either continue the race in present condition or forfeit the race, period.
    -The teams who helped the Fogels and then got all upset when the Fogels kept going on the river. Newsflash: This is a race, a contest, an endurance challenge. Why would a team help any other team, unless they decided to?
    -Pretty much everything the Hanlons do, they are always looking around for clues that don't exist!!

From the preview:
    WTF???? The Brown family was eliminated tonight, but in the preview, they are shown arguing with the Hanlons? How is that possible?

4. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Didn't seem like a dumb move at all. They were actually paddling nice and smooth and weren't rocking at all. It was obvious they got swamped by the wake of boat that broadsided them; you could hear an outboard in the background when it happened; probably a boat used by camera crews. Perhaps it wouldn't have happened if they didn't have so much weight on board, but they didn't do anything 'dumb'.

He said he had a fear of drowning. Lots of people have fears, both rational and irrational. His floundering in the water is no different than a contestant on Amazing Race crying before a bungie jump.

It was her knee. Looked like she stepped into a groundhog hole or something. I've done that. It's not dumb when it's completely covered over by grass. Luckily I never ruined a knee.

I say let her do what she wants; crutches or not, continuing on with a knee problem like that is a dumb move; she's risking permanent damage. The job of the medic is to ease her pain and do something to prevent it from getting worse. Crutches would be part of that, just like the ace bandage. Where do you draw the line? Bandage but no crutches? No bandage either? What's the medic supposed to do, "The producers say I can give give you these crutches, but only if you promise to quit the race". Sounds like medical extortion.

I couldn't figure that out either. Also lame that they show a preview contradicting the episode that aired just minutes ago.

5. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    My only guess is:
    The Grad Student girls drop out in between legs, so the Browns are brought back into the race.

6. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    I can't understand those who say this show is so much better than AR because the people have to figure out the clues. Yes, they do have to do some work, but once they think they find something, the lame host comes on the "Motorola" and then explains it all to them. Why not just let the clue speak for itself?

AS far as the grad student, I heard a crack when she fell. At first I thought it was her ankle snapping, but I guess it was a stick or twig in the hole. Also, they all said that they were out, (which was still during the portage phase, they had more river to go) then with no deliberation or even video to show them continuing, we see them miles away opening the clue box.??? She was quite attractive though, like someone said last week, much moreso than any of the Miss USA contestants IMO.

I also figured the reappearance of What Can Brown Do For You is due to the grad student's injuries being too bad to continue.

7. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    How would you feel to lose to the Wild Hanlons? Love the big mullet.

Missed the first episode of this show but have seen the latest 2. I like the idea of running around America and seeing the big sites.

I thought it was funny that no one got the anamorphic picture thingy. I don't think I would have thought of putting the shiny cylinder on the picture to see what showed up.

8. TBDigital

TBDigital B. Meisterburger

Mar 14, 2002
    Kingwood, Tx
    Last night's show was only the second. They played a 1 hour recap of the 2 hour premiere before the new episode last night.

9. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Like TAR the objective in this game is just to not finish last. Of course, on Treasure Hunters there is absolutely no advantage (besides sleep possibly) of coming in first. No prize, no time advantage because all teams start at the same time. Oh and the canoe challenge, can you say "Hours of Operation" anyone? :)

10. ArcticZ

ArcticZ New Member

May 23, 2004
    the show is alright so far. But I can't beleive how stuiped the Hanlons are. The father I think it is, is tring to find a clue in everything. Not even trying to figure out the clue, just start guessing. They should of been out in last nights show, with going for food when you know more people are behind you, I couldn't beleive that!!

I agree that there seems to be nothing to gain in coming in first in each round. The team air force, should of been allowed to start down the river, it was still light when they got there. All that work to find the clue before everybody else, and get somewhere first, and to find out that it dosne't matter would piss me off. You might as well stay with the group, let everybody figure it together and just run fast to make sure your not last. The Hanlons better be out next week, i don't know they even filled out the appt to be on the show.

11. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    I was confused by the previews as some of you were. The Mullets are entertaining. The spend 12 hours lost in the mines finally get to the campsite, sleep late then complain that one of them was hogging the sleeping mat.

The Fogals are evil could they be related to the Weavers?

12. Jeff_in_Bklyn

Jeff_in_Bklyn Member

Apr 26, 2003
    I sort of don't like that most of the time they are looking for the same clue in the same place, once one team finds it if others are close by they don't have to do anything, aka at the 14th star and digging the hole.

13. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Five minutes into this episode, I couldn't remember why it was that I thought I'd like this show. I don't understand why some groupls are so willing to help each other, and yet other groups get mad when they get left behind. Are they not aware that this is a race???

14. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I think this early in the Hunt, it may be advantagous to help other teams (especially weaker teams, Wild Hanlyons, Browns, Miss USA), that may allow you to eliminate a stronger team. Besides, maybe they will help you later (except if you help the Fogals!)

Speaking of Fogals. Are we sure they are not related to the Weavers. I guess it is OK to screw the other teams AFTER THEY HELPED YOU, as long as you pray for them later. :confused:

I felt bad that the Grad Student had the injury. I was afraid they were going to be eliminated because of that. Suprisingly, even with only five working legs they were still better than the Browns. :up: :up: :up:

I agree that seeing the Browns in the previews probably indicates the Grad Students had to drop out, but I hope not. I will miss the eye candy. ;)

15. warrenn

warrenn Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    The Fogels are giant a-holes. For being a man of the cloth, he's demonstrating the worst sense of morality. After screwing over the team who carried your canoe, they say a little prayer. Right. I'm sure God is really happy to have you as an example of one of his followers.

16. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I'm sure the prayer was more to help them feel better than anything. They knew that what they did was wrong and they definately didn't take the moral high ground. But as long as they pray about it, it makes them feel better.

17. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    The Hanlons are cracking me up. They have no business being in this "race," but I find them hilarious, and I hope somebody will screw up badly enough to allow them to remain the the hunt for a while. :D

18. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I find your position to be eminently reasonable and I fully support it!

:up:

19. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    +1 on the Hanlons. So bad I hope they stay.

+1 on the Fogels. So bad I hope they leave.

20. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    They were annoying me until they went to get food, then I was sold on them.

I thought it was incredibly funny to see them crawling around at Mt Rushmore.