Treadstone on USA Network S1 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Beryl, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas

Advertisements

Episode 1 kept my interest enough to warrant at least a season thread and a OnePass.

North Koreans and Russians? Too much subtitling for multitasking.

I was sorry to see Tzi Ma’s character killed off in the first episode. I’m a fan.

It is airing on both USA and Syfy.

2. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I enjoyed it and thought the action & fight sequences were well done.
    My only annoyance was the young woman in the first scene 1973 is now a middle aged/perhaps older lady in the present and he is still as hot as he was in 73'.

More sequences of him running around in his underwear please.

NorthAlabama and Beryl like this.
  3. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Yeah, I think a side-effect of the treatments must be seriously delayed ageing or something. Even if he was just 18 in '73 he'd be almost 65 today... and h wasn't 18 in '73. He'd probably be closer to 70 today, at least.

But I do like the split timeline; it looks like they'll keep that up for a bit which could be interesting.

4. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Nowhere Special
    Wait, it's been a few weeks since I saw the "preview" full episode not the re-air, but I got the sense that the 1973 cicadas were the precursor group to the "today" cicadas.

--Carlos V.

5. osu1991

osu1991 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma

Advertisements

According to the cast list they’re different actors playing different characters, so I assumed they’re different generations of sleepers.

jeetkunedo likes this.
  6. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Nowhere Special
    That Tapatalk emoji is getting a universal "Access Denied" response on all browsers.

--Carlos V.

Beryl likes this.
  7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I caught a rerun of the premiere episode and liked it. I'll give it a run.

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I likes it as well. Especially since its part of the Bourne Universe.

9. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    As a fan of the Bourne Series since I read the original novel in the early 80s, I've got little hope this will bear any resemblance to what Ludlum conceived, and will most likely be based on the movie series universe. But it's on USA which for me has a record of producing decent fare.

The first ep was so-so, and kind of predictable, but I'll see where it goes.

10. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Much of it was predictable, but I have to say I did not forsee the twist where the Russian wife was "old Petra"...

11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I haven't read the books, but weren't the 70s miniseries and at least the first Damon movie pretty similar? (Much bigger budget/obviously more modern in the latter)

I presume the 70s miniseries was much closer to Ludlum's, so I guess I'm just trying to indirectly get the movie universe to the books??

and/or how are they way different?

12. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    The 1988 Miniseries with Richard Chamberlain & Jaclyn Smith hewed pretty close to the source novel and was IMO a good adaptation. The Matt Damon movie on the other hand bore only a passing resemblance to the novel. The director, Doug Liman, eliminated much of the content of the novel beyond the central premise, in order to modernize and to make it conform to his own beliefs regarding United States foreign policy. IMO he did it a disservice.

Yes it was a good movie, but not a good Ludlum movie if that makes any sense.

13. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Wow, way later than I would have guessed!

14. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Thoroughly enjoying this series so far even though I cannot multitask due to the many languages and subtitles.

Many bad-azzes — men and women.

Howie and NorthAlabama like this.
  15. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    I love spy series, I hope we get another season.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  16. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Me too. I liked this show quite a bit. I thought this was a one season "Event Series", like The Purge. The Purge seems to have wrapped things up with the last episode, although it does leave room for a follow-on. Treadstone, OTOH, sort of ends with a cliffhanger, when present-day Petra knocks on Bentley's door.

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I like this one too. A little confusing at times. It does feel like there will be a S2 because of the cliffhanger, but who knows?