Traveller

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Fl_Gulfer, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    I noticed that the TV Guide says tonights episode is the season finale. So is the show canceled of not?

2. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I think it was only ever designed to run this long. I guess there are hopes it would get picked up for next year, but consider this to be a series finale, not just a season finale.

3. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    i remember after last nights episode they showed a preview for next weeks episode, calling it the "season" finale...GOD i hope they bring it back this fall (or whenever), it was certainly, imo, better than 24 this past season...

4. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    This is a planned finale. ABC cut the order from 13 to 8 early enough that they were able to compress the story and bring in some new characters to make it work. The creators do have a plan for a possible season 2 and 3.

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    But considering the ratings have been poor (no help from any promos), there's pretty much zero chance that it will return. Tonight's episode will be it.

6. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    What if we all mail passports to the network in protest? :p

7. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    All of them with Will's picture?

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    What...no nuts?

9. MisterEd

MisterEd Very Large Member

Jun 6, 2001
    TV Land
  10. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I've recorded every episode, except missed the first couple. I downloaded those. But, if this show is canceled, I probably won't bother watching any of the episodes at all..... but I'll hang on to the show for awhile, see what happens!

11. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    From what I understand, every episode made has aired, unlike so many other cancelled programs.

It was originally planned as a limited run, 8 episode, mid season replacement/filler,
    so it should have a beginning, middle and conclusion.

I have all 8 sitting on the TiVo, I was just waiting to make sure they all aired before I commited myself to it.

phox

12. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I was actually more attracted to the show because if the fact that it was going to be a short-run, closed-ended series. When I heard that it had been cut back and would have a defined ending, that's what made me more interested than anything. I wish the networks would put out these kinds of shows more often. From a creative standpoint, it's much better when the story has a defined ending.

13. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Me, too, actually.

14. Mikkel_Knight

Mikkel_Knight New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Rochester, MN
    No kidding... they pumped and pumped it before it started, and then I haven't seen a single promo for it since...

Typical of network behavior when it comes to TV shows though...

Hell... ratings... it's the summer for crying out loud... just put on some reruns like you did 20 years ago and leave it alone - you never worried about summer revenue back then - either make the television season a year-round event, or not... don't pussyfoot around with "summer series" and then pull the plug when the ratings aren't there... :rolleyes: Net Execs want their cake and want to eat it to...

15. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Colorado...
    Was anyone else annoyed that the show did NOT have a definite ending last night though.
    That's fine if they end up having a second season (which I wouldn't mind since I liked the show), but if last night was it... Well I guess you can tell they shortened the order from 13 episodes to 8 and tried to wrap it up real quickly.

Rob

16. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Does that mean I can go ahead and delete the shows I have not watched?

17. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    The show is not ending without a resolution. It has a beginning and an end. It's not like they're just airing eight episodes and then you don't get to see what happens next such as many other cancelled series. They've merely compressed into eight episodes a story that was originally conceived to be spread out to thirteen episodes.

18. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'd still watch them. It was a good show, IMO, even though all the loose ends weren't tied in a nice, neat bow.

19. catcard

catcard MoxiDVR

Mar 2, 2001
    Honey...

I wish I would have done this! Again getting sucked in just to be disappointed :mad:

20. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Definitely.